Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A radioshack greenie vs. Amazon greenie?

Quick question: I was about to buy a radioshack green laser for about $55 dollars, when someone told me that I should get them on amazon, where he showed me that it was selling for about $3 dollars...

I'm a firm believer in "It's too good to be true" and I thought it was too skeptical. I would like to know if there's anyone out here that bought something from amazon (or somewhere similar) for somewhere relatively as cheap. It seems fishy to me just because I know green modules already assembled into a laser tend to be pretty expensive

If you can afford to loose $3 buy the thing off Amazon and see what you get.

The radioshack greenies are of a better quality, and they are actually <5mW.

The amazon $3 ones are a crap shoot, usually they will be somewhat overspec, but they are always junk.

If you want more power/quality go with swimminsurfer's overspec greenies. Only thing is, obviously remember that those will be dangerous... being over 5mW.

dont think radioshack is any better than amazon
they are both crap lasers
radio shack is just $55 because its in an actual retail store
go with swimsurfer and you will not be disappointed!

Thanks guys, but I'm just really trying to avoid alot of online purchasing. Like if anybody would know where I can get something cheap at any store would be great. I'm really just trying to learn from what I can get in a green laser is all..

Online shopping is realistically the only way to go TBH there are a few good sellers on here, failing that, Fleabay !!

lol
ebay lasers are just as fail
seriously though, the ones sold here by trusted reliable forum members are the way to go

I can tell you that the Radioshack Green is Much Much Better quality then the Look-A-Likes...

One of the Thinest Beams Ive seen Nice Optics too and the Button feels Nice aswell. A Little More Heavier then the NewWish pens also.

However 55$ worth. NO....

Unless you are Looking for a <5mW Green Pointer I would pass on it and better off saving a little more money and getting a Nice Green Pointer from Jetlaser.com.... "Ti Series"

^^^Radioshack pens offer immediate availability... and good return policy...

The "sexy" host pens from swimminsurfer offer a much better optiion if you can wait a few days though.