Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A noob perspective. Laserglow the only good one?

From all the research I've done this seems like the only real company that can ship same day and provide a quality product, at least in Canada and the US.

Like all that are new here I was drawn to WL and there marketing hype then looked at all the other companies. etc.

Are Laserglow products really worth what they charge? If so they will get my business.

Depends on wjat you're looking for. The are high end lasers. Someone like JetLasers has a quality product or Optotronics.

ARG

With laserglow you get what you pay for, good service and a quality laser.

If you buy a cheap laser from ebay you get what you pay for and it falls apart after you open the package (has happened to me)

Edit: Jetlasers and skylasers (laserbtb) have been very good recently.

Last edited:
Haha! that sucks! There are many companies in between though that have decent products. For someone new into lasers and possible unsure if they want to make it a hobby may not want to jump into a LaserGlow. What wavelength are you looking at?

norbyx

Laserglow might have quality but their prices are just out of the context. Than you go and criticize wicked lasers.
I was looking at the laserglow top of the power line in green lasers for a laser that peaks 900mw they are asking $5389 .... com'on that is just out of the human scale. My WL peaks over that (actually with some good batteries I am quite sure I should get 1W of peak, and the new price was (since they took it out of production) $1000.
The Rigel HV Pro 589nm is a 50mw and sold for $1289, we just got our group buy from CNI and the cost was of $585 for a 80mw...

I don't know the quality of this lasers but in my modest opinion even if they are the best of the best, I would try to find other solutions.

Here in the forums you will have a lot of options that are good lasers and at much more reasonalble prices, just make a search in the BST section. Also you would be supporting some forum members...

indeed. laserglow has some of the best laser modules around, but they are aimed at professional usage, aiming more for reliability and stability than for sheer power, which is hard to obtain with powerful lasers in such a small handheld battery operated device. i personally own several of their lasers and they are top notch. but for hobbyists, few need that much power. and those that do, often not for very long.

otherwise, a DIY or hitting up the B/S/T thread as norbyx said, should quickly yield a laser you will like. it all depends on what you want the laser to be like. and what your budget is....

Could I perhaps ask what kind of laser you are looking for?

Yes, laserglow has very high quality lasers and they are of professional quality and superb customer service (as mentioned by other members). So you get what you pay for in a way.

However as mentioned before there are other companies that do offer high quality lasers at better prices. Some of them are mentioned above as well. I also suggest you shop around our BST section. We have some outstanding members who have some outstanding quality lasers at VERY reasonable prices. Some could even build you whatever you want :). There may even be some wicked lasers for sale too (sometimes) if you are still interested in that.

So let us know what you are looking for and we will try our best to help and give you plenty of options to choose from. There are no "Where can I buy the best laser" because each company has its ups and downs.

Right now a 447 in the 1000 mW range. If anybody here wants to build me one send me a PM.

I just don't want to send ny money off to China and wait for months. Or worse, send it to a US company that then waits for the product from China.

I also want high quality and am willing to pay for it.

norbyx

Right now a 447 in the 1000 mW range. If anybody here wants to build me one send me a PM.

I just don't want to send ny money off to China and wait for months. Or worse, send it to a US company that then waits for the product from China.

I also want high quality and am willing to pay for it.

If you are willing to spend $800 for a laser that has 1W I bet that in the BST section you will find dozens of offers with a lower price. Now the main question that rises seeing what laser you are looking at is what are you going to use the laser for?

yes. 1 Watt of laser light is a lot. Certainly a class 4 laser is not a 'toy' by any standard....

I did it today. Placed my order for a Laserglow Polaris 1100 and a Aries 150. Justin if you see this you can put my location together with the order and thank LPF. Now just get them to me soon <grin>.

Anybody interested in some unboxing pics then some operational pics?

IsaacT

Everyday of the week and thrice on Sundays!

Last edited: