Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A laser derringer.

Pic does not work.
Oh, I don't know what went wrong, but I'll try again.
LASER%252520DERRINGER%252520POWER%252520MODULE%252520AND%252520SOUND%252520EFFECT%252520MODULE..jpg
LASER%252520DERRINGER%252520MAIN%252520HOUSING..jpg
LASER%252520DERRINGER%252520MAIN%252520COMPONANTS.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ed KLINE, all I can say is WOW!.. Are you familiar with the prop summit forums wich im pretty sure you are if you are doing this quality of work. Even though you surpassed this scroll down this sight if I put it in right. Propsummit.com a Blade Runner Prop Community Forum BladeRunnerProps.comView topic - My TOS Phaser Dont let the phaser fool you, you will find some nice machined lasers
Hello. If you did those prop ray guns, your design and builds are better than many "in house" props I've seen. I worked freelance in the motion picture industry for many years and I've seen more than a few. I went to the site you indicated with no problems and registered. Again, your work is very impressive! Thanks for sharing them. Ed.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Hello. If you did those prop ray guns, your design and builds are better than many "in house" props I've seen. I worked freelance in the motion picture industry for many years and I've seen more than a few. I went to the site you indicated with no problems and registered. Again, your work is very impressive! Thanks for sharing them. Ed.
No No that wasnt me, but thanks if it was! Before I joined this forum (or what actually got me here) I was modding the AA Diamond Select StarTrek TOS phasers with red and then a green 532nm. and that forum helped me quite a bit. My phasers just consist of 2 AAA batteries in the handle and keeping the 3 button batterys in the P1 section of the phaser to keep the sound board running. These AA phasers are hard to mod because of space issues(I had to hollow out the handle as best as I could to fit the 2 AAA).and making the trigger do 2 functions at once is challaging but the pay off is that they are a very accurate example of the original props. The Playmates style phasers that Jayrob uses has the room to make some serious power, but you lose a little originality I do want to buy one though and use his tuturial. I hope you enjoy that forum:beer::) They actually used the AA toy phaser in a scene of the newest star trek movie

Last edited:
No No that wasnt me, but thanks if it was! Before I joined this forum (or what actually got me here) I was modding the AA Diamond Select StarTrek TOS phasers with red and then a green 532nm. and that forum helped me quite a bit. My phasers just consist of 2 AAA batteries in the handle and keeping the 3 button batterys in the P1 section of the phaser to keep the sound board running. These AA phasers are hard to mod because of space issues(I had to hollow out the handle as best as I could to fit the 2 AAA).and making the trigger do 2 functions at once is challaging but the pay off is that they are a very accurate example of the original props. The Playmates style phasers that Jayrob uses has the room to make some serious power, but you lose a little originality I do want to buy one though and use his tuturial. I hope you enjoy that forum:beer::) They actually used the AA toy phaser in a scene of the newest star trek movie
OK, still, that's a lot of work to do. And I can agree on the difficulty of figuring how to thread the wiring, and make the components do tricks they don't want to. And hollowing out brittle plastic parts that you can't make a mistake with can turn your hair white! Still, it's worth the end results. Ed.

GSS

OK, still, that's a lot of work to do. And I can agree on the difficulty of figuring how to thread the wiring, and make the components do tricks they don't want to. And hollowing out brittle plastic parts that you can't make a mistake with can turn your hair white! Still, it's worth the end results. Ed.
Thats why I bought 2 extra ones! and your right many of nights I lost sleep (over a hobby that should fun and relaxing. Doesnt make sense does it?) lol :):beer:

Maan

Hallo All

i just bought KEM-410 ACA for PS3 but i do not know where is the blu-ray diode laser 405nm, can anyone please tell me where is it and how to run it using a lab power supply.

thank you

Thats why I bought 2 extra ones! and your right many of nights I lost sleep (over a hobby that should fun and relaxing. Doesnt make sense does it?) lol :):beer:
LOL. Yeah, the pain we go through to have fun...........Sometimes I think a psychiatrist would have a field day with us- LOL!

Have fun and keep up the good work! Ed.

Really, really cool. Did you machine it yourself?
Hello. Yes, I machined the interior pockets for the component assemblies and used an angle grinder to rough out the shape, then finished it with a set of files, then different grades of sand paper. It's made out of billet 70/76/T6 aluminum. Ed.

I'm going to start tests in a week. But to start with, I will be using the 3.5W 450nm Laser Diode NDB7A75. If it works out, I'll swap it out for the 6W+ NUBM44 450nm Laser Diode..... And keep my fingers crossed.....and out of the beam path! Ed.