Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A different kind of spiro...

jayrob

That thing is a trip man! I like the 'ghetto' way you put it all together! It is mesmerizing to watch your Ghetto orb...

What is that red 'halo' around it? Is that a light from one of the motors?
Jay

HIMNL9

There is a led soldered on the motor :D

EDIT:

Now we're gonna start asking for the PCB layout, design, materials, etc. etc.

No ..... start asking for the commercially made units for sale ..... j/k :D

Last edited:
Psst, the key component is...

... Magic Fairy-Dust. You gotta have magic fairy-dust.

Yeah there is a red LED on the top motor, it's for spotting errors in the slip-rings. And it looks cool. :D

Olfert

This is soo cool, super amazing build :drool:, really like your "prototyping" work table.

Cool you like it, this thread is a bit old tho.

The black box is the speed controls.

I have you a name for it The MBM Mass Blinding Machine : ) but really that thing is awsome

3zuli

nice work and idea! :gj:

btw
You have problems with my work table? Mine's the BEST! :D
mine's better! :crackup::crackup:
modules.php

How come I never saw this? Firemylaser you have quite an imagination. Very nice work you did there. I like the video :)

Wow I'm glad it is. The last time I saw it it was only green and seemed more chaotic. It's way more awesome now!

The main hazard is if both motors were to fail with the laser on, because the beam could land anywhere. When it is running the beam is spread out over a VERY large area (it is silly even to compare it with a scanner projector) so the beam is probably not much of a threat. If I one day make a more serious device I will add sensors to monitor the rpm and shutter on the laser.

you should put a 100W CO2 laser on it so you could have some 360 burning action : ) then the military would probably buy it : )

but your right with it moving that fast the beam is really harmless unless the motors do fail