Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a complain received by a customer for the newly 520nm green laser pointer

Since your location in your Sig is so precise (Earth) why not
see if you can find a member close to your location that has
an LPM...

Jerry

let us simplify this output problem. we offer five pcs of this new green laser pointer for free for members on lpf. if anyone is interested in it pls contact me via laserlands@gmail.com. leave me your address. we send the pointer to you for free and we cover the shipping. all pointers are sent at random. hope you can post thread here.
but for some special laws in different countries. the handheld laser pointer cannot be shipped to Au.
and tracking number we offer to Ca may take very long time to arrival. if you are in the US it takes 10-15 working days to arrive.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
let us simplify this output problem. we offer five pcs of this new green laser pointer for free for members on lpf. if anyone is interested in it pls contact me via laserlands@gmail.com. leave me your address. we send the pointer to you for free and we cover the shipping. all pointers are sent at random. hope you can post thread here.
but for some special laws in different countries. the handheld laser pointer cannot be shipped to Au.
and tracking number we offer to Ca may take very long time to arrival. if you are in the US it takes 10-15 working days to arrive.

By the looks of Merpies picture, it does look like there could be something wrong with his. By giving out a few, we can verify that it is only his that has the problem. Will you ship to the UK? I need a 520nm to add to my wavelength collection. :p I agree with GSS, this would put you in a good position here. I'll send you a message now. :beer:

Edit: Message sent.

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Message sent, with the understanding that I'll review the laser on this forum, and with the understanding that it will be an honest review. If the build quality is terrible or the power isn't as claimed I'll say so.

It's possible Merpie got a bad one. Maybe there was a lot of static when the package was inspected by customs. That photo makes me think the diode is LED'd or being driven below its threshold current.

Email sent. I would spend some time writing a review on the laser and have an lpm and multimeter to take proper measurements.

I agree with the above, it looks like the diode is either shot or not getting enough current (be that the driver or the battery not supplying enough).

I sent an email too. It'd be nice to have a 520nm after being out of the hobby for so long (but I just dropped a grand on a new PC :cryyy: )

diachi

Message sent - also noted I have an LPM and can perform power tests.

To be fair and get some tangible results/data...
I would suggest that you send the samples to
members that have an LPM to do power tests.

Jerry

Last edited: