Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A company that DOESN'T underspecs its laser

I've been reading around the web lately, searching for a good laser company to buy from.

I've tried O-like... theirs was 10% underspecs if we count the margin they stated (+- 10%) , almost 30% if we read the product by the name.

Definitely not impressed.

Then I read up on Lazerer , which they claim to GURANTEE their lasers will be to specs.
Yet, when I read the fine prints, not less than 20%.
q3ts.png

Really?
I mean... really?
If you know there is a high chance of underspeccing , why not make a laser to 120% and then sell it as a 100%?

There are lasers claiming to produce so and so power everywhere.

Yet, wherever I look.
Wherever I look , all this friggin pricks ... doing the EXACT SAME FRIGGIN THING !
Over and over and over again .
Thinking , this time . We are going to fall for it .
No no no no no please.
This time, its going to be different.

I understand there will be discrepancy from the template due to intrinsic production deviation but when they choose to hide the fine details of the laser's true power , trying to trick people into thinking they're buying what they're not.

THAT is insanity.

So this raises a question.
Is there a company left out there which we can trust?

Last edited:

Pilgor

Laserglow, Jet Laser, Optotronics.

Last edited:
If one seller does not follow the "over actual power specs" advertising
convention of all the other sellers and states the true max output of his
Lasers he sells... he is removing himself from the pack of all sellers selling
the same identical Lasers at Lower power than other sellers of the same
identical products.

Essentially he would remove himself from the field and go out of business
even though he sells the same Lasers as others that are shown to be
underspec by other sellers.

It's all about marketing and staying competitive...

Jerry

Last edited:
If one seller does not follow the "over actual power specs" advertising
convention of all the other sellers and states the true max output of his
Lasers he sells... he is removing himself from the pack of all sellers selling
the same identical Lasers at Lower power than other sellers of the same
identical products.

Essentially he would remove himself from the field and go out of business
even though he sells the same Lasers as others that are shown to be
underspec by other sellers.

It's all about marketing and staying competitive...

Jerry

So basically its a systematical and industry wide advertisement frauds that aims to rip off those who didn't read the fine prints??
Staying competitive is important ,but what happened to business etiquette ?
Obviously those who buys high power laser would be able to tell when they're getting ripped off .
Then they start writing negative reviews of their products, that damages the goodwill of the company .

The very act of hiding the details makes people question the trustability of the company. If they are hiding the true power of the laser from us, what else are they hiding??
Is the heat sink even made of copper??
Did they just anodize the aluminium??
Has the battery they ship with expired or close to expiration??
Does the paint they use on the host contain lead??

I don't even know who to trust now.
:undecided:

Got a 200mw Laser From Jetlasers, a very nice laser, and is focusable and one of the new pro series. I did an LPM test and they test them before sending them to you, and give you the printout.

Their lasers are fantastic quality and overspec. Also costumer service is fantastic.

have a HL532-300 and it does over 400mW not bad for being a 300mW model :D

EDIT: in case you didnt know its made by laserbtb

Last edited:
Just search the Forum... over and over again, LaserGlow, JetLasers, and Optotronics have been top notch. NovaLasers, SkyLasers (gone now), Laserbtb are all good too. Stay away from Wicked Lasers for now unless you don't really care about output

Last edited:

csshih

So basically its a systematical and industry wide advertisement frauds that aims to rip off those who didn't read the fine prints??
Staying competitive is important ,but what happened to business etiquette ?
Obviously those who buys high power laser would be able to tell when they're getting ripped off .
Then they start writing negative reviews of their products, that damages the goodwill of the company .

The very act of hiding the details makes people question the trustability of the company. If they are hiding the true power of the laser from us, what else are they hiding??
Is the heat sink even made of copper??
Did they just anodize the aluminium??
Has the battery they ship with expired or close to expiration??
Does the paint they use on the host contain lead??

I don't even know who to trust now.
:undecided:

Most of those details are irrelevant to the general consumer market, which is where the money is. Hobbyists know better, but we're a fickle market that no big company enjoys dealing with.

FWIW, heatsinks made from copper don't provide that much of a benefit and anodization date doesn't matter.

Big example? Wicked Lasers. While we may laugh at their products(although.. to be honest they don't make a half bad product) they still make massive sales.

Just search the Forum... over and over again, LaserGlow, JetLasers, and Optotronics have been top notch. NovaLasers, SkyLasers (gone now), Laserbtb are all good too. Stay away from Wicked Lasers for now unless you don't really care about output

Don't know about the other lasers from Wicked Lasers, but the Arctic now are overspec. My Arctic S3 meters at 1575mw, I have the 1.4w version, and someone here has a 1.25w that peaks at almost 1.5w, so think their lasers are overspec.

They are not the same bad company they once where with the orginal Arctic, which was well underspec. Their customer service is now pretty good and had my Arctic in my hand from them in less than a week.

I've been reading around the web lately, searching for a good laser company to buy from.

I've tried O-like... theirs was 10% underspecs if we count the margin they stated (+- 10%) , almost 30% if we read the product by the name.

Definitely not impressed.

Then I read up on Lazerer , which they claim to GURANTEE their lasers will be to specs.
Yet, when I read the fine prints, not less than 20%.
q3ts.png

Really?
I mean... really?
If you know there is a high chance of underspeccing , why not make a laser to 120% and then sell it as a 100%?

There are lasers claiming to produce so and so power everywhere.

Yet, wherever I look.
Wherever I look , all this friggin pricks ... doing the EXACT SAME FRIGGIN THING !
Over and over and over again .
Thinking , this time . We are going to fall for it .
No no no no no please.
This time, its going to be different.

I understand there will be discrepancy from the template due to intrinsic production deviation but when they choose to hide the fine details of the laser's true power , trying to trick people into thinking they're buying what they're not.

THAT is insanity.

So this raises a question.
Is there a company left out there which we can trust?

Your right, I know why some do that.Some LPM are off my LPM was cost$1500 new and tested to DTR and tested out about the same, but some people LPM are off 200mw + or - and the heat you test them at can make them 200mw +or -
I test all my laser at around 68 degrees , I know the 9mm 445nm will drop if you test them at 80+ could be 200mw lower. this is why I put this on my web site.

(all the 3.5w kits are 3.3W to 3.5w +or-10% based on the fact that some peoples laser power meters could be off 10%
all laser modules are tested on my 150w Ophir LPM I test each one before I ship. )
Home I got a 800mw 532nm and it was a 80mw. :yabbmad: was I mad got 2- 200mw this week 1 was 200nm and 1-was 90mw ran 2 time under 20sec. and it went to 10mw some sellers stink!!!

WL is overspec now? I haven't seen much confirmation of that recently

well there is still a few companies i trust out there,, they are rather small busnisses, but they always deliver quality goods, tell you exactly what is in the laser and even LPM it for you, you can even make up a laser you want and they will build it for you, in whatever form you wish, they even have great return policies !!!
now what are these amazing companies? id like to call them daguin, wannaburnstuff, Thejoker301, and Blord,... just to name a few, if you are not happy they are not happy.. if you dont like your laser they even offer to rebuild it for you!
lesson behind my story, buy from trusted members, they make lasers as if they were going to use them themselves, if not better

ok rant over, lol

WL is overspec now? I haven't seen much confirmation of that recently

Well for your information here is one example.

Wicked Lasers Arctic 1.25W - YouTube

And one, or 2 here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/wicked-lasers-positive-experiences-79314.html

And if I have to, will do a video proving the Actic 1.4 is also over spec. So there are to odd ones around showing the new Arctics are over spec. I know my Arctic 1.4 is over spec, just got a Laserbee USB 2.5w meter.

The old 1w was well under, since WL have improved not only the power output of the Arctic, but quality is better and now great customer service and got my Arctic is less than a week, shipped to New Zealand.

They also answered my emails.

Bought a c6 yesterday from blord. What impressed me most is that he advertised it as a 2.2w, but when he gave me the tracking number he also showed me the graph on my laser.. It bottomed out at 2.3 and topped past 2.6w.

I purchased a Spyder 2 gx back in 07 and it was advertised to be able to light cigarettes.. Needless to say WL are a bunch of scammers. 1,700 dollars for something I can get for 100 today.

Last edited:
Well for your information here is one example.

Wicked Lasers Arctic 1.25W - YouTube

And one, or 2 here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/wicked-lasers-positive-experiences-79314.html

And if I have to, will do a video proving the Actic 1.4 is also over spec. So there are to odd ones around showing the new Arctics are over spec. I know my Arctic 1.4 is over spec, just got a Laserbee USB 2.5w meter.

The old 1w was well under, since WL have improved not only the power output of the Arctic, but quality is better and now great customer service and got my Arctic is less than a week, shipped to New Zealand.

They also answered my emails.

But paying almost $900 USD for what other PROFESSIONAL companies such as CNI and JetLaser are selling at just $400.. egggghhhh....
WL is still MASSIVELY overpriced considering they are orienting themselves as a hobbyists laser seller

Last edited: