Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A bit disappointed.

Mohrenberg said:
[highlight]I've never had problems ordering from places like stonetek[/highlight], or rckstr, But everytime i try to buy or trade with someone on the forum it becomes a big problem and i never get what i ordered or traded for.

i always ship right away priority with tracking, and then people end up trying to send me items without tracking and in regular envelopes packed with crap, which doesn't work because it gets ripped apart in the sorting process with USPS....so i either 1. Don't recieve it at all, 2. recieve an empty envelope that got ripped open and the contents dropped out. or 3. recieve an envelope ripped to shreds about a month after they mail it.

i'm not going to name any names because i don't want to start a big argument, but this is starting to bug me...and cost me.
i guess i'm going to have to stick with known dealers, and not trade or buy from individual forum members.

Wow, I am a total dumb@ss.

--hydro15

lol, its ok man don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes like that, especially me, 24/7 i ask questions when the answer is already posted

I have purchased and traded with at least 15 members here. I've never had a problem. I admit to keeping the "good" packaging for recycle !!!
A bare LD in a plain envelope is a disaster.

Mike

I don't want to make any accusations... but I ship diodes in regular bubble pack envelopes and I've never had a problem with them being ripped open. Is it possible that the tear was planted there? Could be, or it could just be bad luck with USPS. Also if it was just a plain letter envelope there could have been problems with tearing.

I've traded with a few here and have never had problems. I hate to say it, but age is a factor in my trading. Older people (18+) simply have more money and resources to pack and ship things correctly. Also, most adults see diodes as being less 'critical' than the younger ones do. For example, if this situation had happened between you and I (assuming I sent you a 16x in trade for something else and the 16x got 'lost'),  I would just return whatever you sent me, take the 20 dollar hit on losing the 16x in the mail, and go out to dinner one less night that week. On the other hand, I wouldn't have shipped it in a regular envelope either  ;D

Oh yeah, what's a rohm?

I wrap bare diodes in foil, and put in a tiny ziplock bag with the instructions paper, put in a bubble mailer and send. Sent over 1,000 ld's that way and no problems other than people not having a clue how to use bare laser diodes and one or two sent to Italy getting lost ::)

GooeyGus said:
I don't want to make any accusations... but I ship diodes in regular bubble pack envelopes and I've never had a problem with them being ripped open. Is it possible that the tear was planted there? Could be, or it could just be bad luck with USPS. Also if it was just a plain letter envelope there could have been problems with tearing.

I've traded with a few here and have never had problems. I hate to say it, but age is a factor in my trading. Older people (18+) simply have more money and resources to pack and ship things correctly. Also, most adults see diodes as being less 'critical' than the younger ones do. For example, if this situation had happened between you and I (assuming I sent you a 16x in trade for something else and the 16x got 'lost'),  I would just return whatever you sent me, take the 20 dollar hit on losing the 16x in the mail, and go out to dinner one less night that week. On the other hand, I wouldn't have shipped it in a regular envelope either  ;D

Oh yeah, what's a rohm?

Exactly................. :cool:   Common sense and fairness........ ;)

GooeyGus said:

Oh yeah, what's a rohm?

rohm......the red $10 diode that heruurscience sells.....think it runs around 150ma max.

anyways, the "rip" wasn't in a bubble envelope, it was in a regular white paper envelope.

i also found out this person is also a child.....i should have asked that before i traded with him....
i jsut hate to name names because maybe it just a series of unlucky accidents and misunderstandings....
anyways, it's toked323
guess i should of known by the name too.......... does anyone over the age of 18 ever brag about smoking weed? and if they do, are they ever mature?

heruursciences said:
I wrap bare diodes in foil, and put in a tiny ziplock bag with the instructions paper, put in a bubble mailer and send. Sent over 1,000 ld's that way and no problems other than people not having a clue how to use bare laser diodes and one or two sent to Italy getting lost  ::)

yes :) i've bought from you, these are actually diodes that i bought from you that i was trading.
and you do package very well heru :)

[quote author=Mohrenberg link=1225767997/20#23 date=1225855747 it was in a regular white paper envelope.[/quote]

First Class Mail costs $.42 to send.

To send a Package with tracking costs $1.35 + $0.5 padded envelope + $0.3 Shipping Container that is how much it cost to send a Diode.

yeah, i think if you can't afford the $1.48 to send it correctly maybe you should find a cheaper hobby.

i, like most other on here, struggle and save up to buy the things i get, but i still manage to trade and do business in a correct and responsible manner.

Mohrenberg said:
yeah, i think if you can't afford the $1.48 to send it correctly maybe you should find a cheaper hobby.

i, like most other on here, struggle and save up to buy the things i get, but i still manage to trade and do business in a correct and responsible manner.

What I said was the package you received wasn't package properly. ::)

I've never threated with forum members except rkcstr, but i've traded with other people sending electronic devices. What I do is recycling padded envelopes from orders I make (electronic components samples, dealextreme...). I cut a part of the envelope, remove any rest of my adress and then I wrap it with white paper with the adress printed on it, and some adhesive tape. If neccesary, i also include a recycled anti static bag, as I have tons of them from microchip and maxim samples.
That way I get some advantages:
I only spend money in the paper and the adhesive tape, no more than $0.10.
I can control the dimensions and weight of the envelope, as shipping is significantly cheaper if the measures are standarized (at least in Spain).

Here padded envelopes are.... expensive for what they are, and it's difficult to find them in small sizes.

I've never had a problem with them