Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

9mm Blue LDs Decanned!

The Osram diode is so much better… but looks like the pins got tweaked ? Is this from you bending them to solder the pins for ESD protection? A nice thing about the Osram diode is that is has a zener diode for ESD protection.

Thicker wires from the pins to the laser “cavity platform”, thicker laser “cavity platform” lol

What’s the terminology for all these parts ?

All my future lasers are going to be built with Osram PLPT9-450LB_E diodes only. Is this the 450LB_E? You should clarify cuz there is the 450LB diode that’s 3.5W, right ?

And answer your damn WhatsApp partner

The Osram diode is so much better… but looks like the pins got tweaked ? Is this from you bending them to solder the pins for ESD protection? A nice thing about the Osram diode is that is has a zener diode for ESD protection.
When decanning the non-gball diodes, I sometimes bent the inner leads, its not from bending the pins on the outside.
I have no idea about the terminology lol
This is the LB_E
Lol will do

When decanning the non-gball diodes, I sometimes bent the inner leads, its not from bending the pins on the outside.
I have no idea about the terminology lol
This is the LB_E
Lol will do

You are bumping the pins inside with the edge of the can when you remove it, if you position the diode so that the pillars bottom side gets bumped rather than the top where the substrate stack is attached, then it won't happen and you won't risk breaking any of the bond wires.

You are bumping the pins inside with the edge of the can when you remove it, if you position the diode so that the pillars bottom side gets bumped rather than the top where the substrate stack is attached, then it won't happen and you won't risk breaking any of the bond wires.

I was literally thinking that same thing, I’ve removed a few cans from my blown diodes, and I learned after the first removal to reposition the diode to avoid pin damage. I was trying to see if I could remove and reinstall cans without damaging them? Couldn’t do it with my tooling, I wonder how the Chinese guys do it ?

lol yeah I totally came up with that idea and invented the whole concept! 😂 🙄 never have I claimed any of my past builds to be the first of anything? But I think it’s cute that you’re thinking of me :)

however, I will be one of the first people to make the highest powered handheld, TEC/Fan cooled production laser with adjustable focus, that’s for damn sure!

I’ve been testing TEC plates/driver combos and I have developed plans for a heatsink that will implement the NUBB23 with an adjustable focus. Should be able to break 30W output. And Jim and I are working on the 10W+ single diode TEC/Fan cooled production laser.

And to cover what I said about the Osram LB_E, there’s many reasons it’s a better choice over the Nichia M47-A1 diodes; higher operating temperature range, the diode comes brand new/no high heat cycles, it’s cheaper and has ESD protection. I don’t just say things without having reasons.. but most builders have a surplus of the Nichia diodes and business is business, stock needs to be sold before pushing the newer diodes.
Then use a hidden internal fan and a host that takes more than 2 "18350" cells instead of the Frankenstein looking build you made that runs for 3 minutes:rolleyes:
Plus a better LPM than that Pocket Meter and why would you put the laser tip right up against the sensor.. :whistle:

Extension battery tubes for the M21A hosts are out there on the sights that you pay less than $10 for the hosts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-08 040622.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 040622.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2024-10-08 055828.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 055828.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yeah, here’s my Frankenstein build.. lol

And yeah, guess what, convoy sells the C8 extension tubes. So if the new owner wants to upgrade his capacity, he can. I’ve already informed him about it right after I shipped the laser to him.
IMG_5679.jpegIMG_5678.jpeg
IMG_5680.jpeg
IMG_5676.jpeg

Back