Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

$9 Wf-501b host/heatsink combo

Edit: They're now available for pre-sale at Budget Beams LLC
Heatsinks are estimated to be here around June 20th.

Hope you're not too tired of them :/
Getting ready to place an order for 100 black, and 20 in the other 6 colors.
I'll have black anodized aluminum heatsink.

There won't be a "group buy" as I won't sell them at cost, but i will have a pre-sale at cheaper than retail rate after I place the order which will probably be cheaper than any group buy. I've yet to measure and quote the heat sink, but i'm thinking <$10 for both the host and heat sink pre-sale price.

Once I post them up, it will take about 2 weeks before they begin to ship. That's about how long it takes the CNC shop to deliver my orders.

Last edited:

Re: Wf-501b

Hi Mo,
501B's are cool little hosts dual battery option , compact , and the sink is quit lage for a descent duty cycle. 10 bucks with a anodized sink I'm in for 3or 4. Nice better than Walmart price cuts lol!!!
:)). Good luck nice to have other options here .

Dang, 10$? I would definitely get a few. Where did you find a place to order so many, if you don't mind me asking? For curiositys sake.

On another note, any chance they will take, say, 16.8mm drivers? :)

Edit: oh also, focus adapters?

Last edited:

This is just the first. There will be more to come. I couldn't decide what to do first but I got a deal I simply couldn't refuse. I just ordered 220 hosts....
I have one coming from ebay so I can grab some measurements to send off to the CNC shop for heatsinks.

:p Sources I've acquired over a 7 year internet search for laser parts.

I'm not sure yet. I am fairly sure they dont come with any inner parts like the C6 comes with a pill.
Kind of waiting on the host to figure that out.
The only option for a round driver is to make a pocket in the heat sink for it to sit in, but with that you really need the brass ring to press it in like the C6 pill has. Those i have never been able to source individually.......

The other option is to have the bottom of the head press against the host handle when it's tight making it case negative, and having a driver stand vertically on top of the module with a spring on it's V+ to contact the battery (Much like the kryton groove builds)

Focus adapter will be coming as well. the milled laser logo version.

$10 is a random guess. I'll know in a few days when I place the order for the heatsinks.

I was going through the spare bedroom's closet and came across a 501B host :p

So I took some measurements and sent them off the to CNC shop.
As soon as I get a confirmed price and place the order for the heatsinks I'll list the 501B hosts for presale.

I made these a little shorter than the "Standard" to allow room for a driver between the battery contact and the bottom of the heatsink.

Attachments

• 501Bsink.jpg
    501Bsink.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 90

gif

defiantly interested. Count me in your presale count :)

Orders all placed. They're in production.
I should have the hosts in the next couple of days, the heat sink will be here sometime between June 13-20th.

Now available for presale Http://budgetbeams.com
Came out to $9ea for host/heat sink combo during pre-sale.

Host available in 7 different colors.

Last edited:
Ehm, I have a question. Why does shipping to the Netherlands cost $78.25? I think this is quite a lot for 9 dollars worth of parts :p

Ha, yeah that's wrong.
What shipping option was it?
Did first class option appear?

I'll get it fixed.
I should only be a couple bucks for international.

The only two options I get are:

United States Postal Service:

Priority Mail Express International™ Flat Rate Boxes (3 - 5 business days to many major markets) - $78.25

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG) (1 - 3 business days to many major markets) - $83.56

Don't think that's right, is it?

Nope, that's not right.
Give me a bit guys and I'll play with it.
The zencart uses the item weight to pull automatic rates from USPS. for some reason it's not returning priority flat rate ($13ish) or first class (couple dollars)