Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8 line TUNABLE argon

3 pics here of the unit itself that I got from Sam. I don't the hose, but I may give it shot to siphon the hot air out of my room. We'll see.

i5x.JPG

Ass-end of the laser on the left, to the right, the PSU.

Note than under that aluminum cylinder, there is the prism and optics set. To the top right is the tuning nut. More on that later.

62c8.jpg

Laser and PSU side-by-side
kvbh.jpg

Awesome!!! Love the colors... It looks as though you use that drawer for a beam stop. I can't miss the burn marks...
-Shane

Thats a beast of a blower on that.

It really is, but you'd know why if you used it. That thing is hot and spewing hot air in a matter of seconds. The host stays under the bed though, may use it to remove hot air from my room, and put it outside. That'd be convenient.

Quite interesting unit you got there...

It is, I love it :)

Awesome!!! Love the colors... It looks as though you use that drawer for a beam stop. I can't miss the burn marks...
-Shane

Honestly, don't know what did that, or when. Noticed it months ago.

Well, since I got it out to take pics, it's now running :p So if anyone wants pics of a certain line, or of anything involving it. Let me know! It'll be on for a while, and out probably until I go to bed, so it's ready to be abused :p

Here's a pic of the tuning side of the lot.
yb3e.jpg

Last edited:
I can do that, or do a quick 1min video of me cycling through each line, with no talking (doing that in just a sec anyway). I can also do a pic of each spot (why not).

Yes, please take a photo of each line :) Turn your phone sideways for us widescreen users will ya? Makes the pic 2x as large...
-Shane

Edit: Can't give you rep or I would :p

Last edited:
I would make it larger, but I actually size it down to that size for the forum. People get aggravated at large pictures.... Though the video of me cycling through them in light and dark, with smoke in the room, is almost up. It's actually hundreds of times better than my first, so I think it will satisfy ;)

People need to buy a monitor for their computer :p I'm sure the median is a 25" nowadays...

There's always a large violet spot on the area it's lasing towards.

Turned her off, getting a little toasty in here O.O

See if you can't get a fogged beamshot of 501.7nm please.

Last edited: