Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

8 lasers shipped at once = Customs problem?

right your are Tom. several different addys to send to and get packages from-none have 'laser' in thier name either.

consider yrself lucky..
dont count on being that lucky every time.
especially with free shipping- duh!

remember the old ' 'penny wise VS pound foolish' adage.. dont be concerned with small amts of $$ when the package is worth lots of $$.

.... I only did that once and learned my lesson- 20 445nm diodes gone in the wind... never again.. saved 48$ with first class over express it cost me 780$ in diodes.. I have even declined the cheap free shipping and paid extra for DHL Express.

Especially if the seller states any boxes lost in transit is all on the buyer..

red flag..

BASICALLY they are saying-- we will ship fRee using the cheapest (& therefore worst) possible way to take forever for you to hopefully get your goods ..., and BTW too bad if it never arrives--not my problem--

--- Ask around for pointers before shipping somewhere new to you.. Especially Oz, Italy and now it sadly appears our bros in Canada.. A few GBs back-- # 2 OR 3. We were worried about clearing customs(a reason to NEVER allow batts to be shipped with lasers) due to some recent seizures. So the lasers were taken apart w/ the tailcaps, chargers and glasses in one box and the rest in another.... did we have to do that---dont know- maybe it was not needed but..Jetlasers and I will never know... for an extra 80$ it was worth it. JL picked up more than half the ship cost that time.

I also learned from JETL to really wrap the package well,,,,, several layers- more thin bubble wrap and more tape... not easy to get into..get it?
slipped inside one of those tough grey ship bags--and more tape. Oddly we use USPS/EMS Express going to China-- the dhl office in Jinan has a poor rep for incoming stuff. go figure..

hope this helps.............Hak