Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7W+ Survival Laser S4X Host w/NUBM44 diode and 4.5A SXD Tutorial

Pman

Nice tutorial and +REP.
The one thing that I must comment is did you actually use 2 different cells? I would HIGHLY recommend against that.

Garoq

Nice tutorial and +REP.
The one thing that I must comment is did you actually use 2 different cells? I would HIGHLY recommend against that.

Thanks and understood. Just showing two different brands in the photo.

Pman

Got it. I just couldn't believe after such a great tutorial you would use 2 different batteries. All of my builds have their own set and are never mixed regardless of same brand and capacity. Lithiums are a no joke potential hazard and having a stupid # of Lasers it helps me stay safe by using matched sets where required. Just never know who might look at the build and think it would be OK to grab random cells.

Garoq

Got it. I just couldn't believe after such a great tutorial you would use 2 different batteries. All of my builds have their own set and are never mixed regardless of same brand and capacity. Lithiums are a no joke potential hazard and having a stupid # of Lasers it helps me stay safe by using matched sets where required. Just never know who might look at the build and think it would be OK to grab random cells.

Fixed. :beer:

Please no necroposting unless you got something important to say.

Last edited:

Garoq

OP updated with yet more photos and text, and a link to Ricker's similar build thread showing the use of DTR's short copper module back half in his build.

Atdit

Is it actually possible to build this with this module:
P1011359.JPG

Without any other G-2 lens?

Last edited:

Garoq

Is it actually possible to build this with this module:
P1011359.JPG

Without any other G-2 lens?
Yes, but you will have to trim the battery side wires and trim and re-solder the diode side wires to get everything to fit.

Ricker

Yes, but you will have to trim the battery side wires and trim and re-solder the diode side wires to get everything to fit.

He might want to get a smaller back half of the module too, DTR sells them now, or maybe ask him for it instead of the regular backing.

Garoq

He might want to get a smaller back half of the module too, DTR sells them now, or maybe ask him for it instead of the regular backing.

Good point, thanks for mentioning that. :beer:

Will button top cells fit ok? Or use flat top cells and the magnetic spacer SL sells. Best approach?
Thank you for this excellent tutorial.