Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

7A75 corrected w/3XBE

Great tap Rich, I love it, will talk to you about some ideas later. (y)

Funny that you say that GSS, I was just thinking of ordering some more beam expanders. :D

I have a 7A75 in one of my big lasers. It is supposedly a 445nm diode but mine looks more like 455nm to the eye. It's much richer and bluer than my M140 diode lasers, which are legit 445nm. Maybe the higher power output makes it seem like a lighter blue. I'm noticing in your pictures yours looks the same light blue as mine. I actually think this is my favorite wavelength at the moment.

As you get higher in wavelength and farther from 445nm these look much better. If you get a diode that can be pushed up to 470nm that would likely be your favorite wavelength.

As you get higher in wavelength and farther from 445nm these look much better. If you get a diode that can be pushed up to 470nm that would likely be your favorite wavelength.

Very true.. I do also have an overdriven 465nm diode that turns out to be basically 470nm.. Just a lovely range of wavelengths.. I would drool over a. 1 watt 488nm and a watt of 593nm(sunshine gold:

I think 455nm is prettier than 445nm as well. :)

It's a windy day today, but that won't stop the mighty 7A🔥
Target is a half a popsicle stick at about 18 feet.

Last edited:
Hi Red, Amazing great job on the torch , the wind helped kindle the flame very well and from that distance . Now that's a real burner buddy.

Rich:)

Thanks Rich and SGD, I hope to share some of my fun and continue to share in everyone else's as well.

When I am focused in tight I see that bright orange glow through my safety glasses just like on the desktop, it's that well focused intense glow from a small spot but my camera shows a bigger blue wash of a spot, often I get an instant flame kernel unless something is wet in which case I can dry it out by bearing down, with wood the flame kernel is often instant but to make it catch you have to pump in some heat, the thicker the wood the move heat needed to sustain a flame when you move the beam away.
It's a lot like the desktop fun you can have only reaching out a bit which is enjoyable and painting a spot on low cloud bottoms looks much better than a long line that won't really light it up.
Setting it up is actually easy to do with a little practice and with all the great people resources we have we are enabled to do a lot more. I will try to make a little video later showing how I set up my optics for anyone who wants to see. :)

Last edited:
You had me at cloud bottoms!
Hey btw, are those newer NUBM044 V2 diodes canned(or re canned)?

Hi,
The diode is an NDB7A75 and its a canned diode, I have these diodes and they are great. The divergence is much better than the NUBM44's.

Yeah I was on a little tangent there. I realize it's a 7A.. I just was wondering about the newest 44s and asked Red since he's always messing with those diodes. For some reason when I see Red Cowboy, I think NUBM044, lol!

Hi,
The diode is an NDB7A75 and its a canned diode, I have these diodes and they are great. The divergence is much better than the NUBM44's.

Theses the v1 and v2 as far as the NUBM44 goes, I have not heard of anything newer than the v2 and that's what DTR sells.

The 7A75 is not as strong however it's not weak either, the 7A has a little better divergence and I run them at 4.0a which is still ok for 2 x 18650 EFest cells and I wanted to use my 2 cell battery tube with the build as the 3 cell tube I have for it did not move heat away from the driver as well.......that said I do like the 7A75, they are punchy little blue burners.

---EDIT---
Also I can use the DTR G2 with the 7A75 and C-lens when adding in the 3X beam expander, but when using the NUBM44 I have to use the Sanwu G2 if using the 6X c-lens pair and adding the 3X beam expander because of the slight focal length difference and the 44's enormous divergence.
If not adding the beam expander I can use the DTR G2 with the 44 and 6X pair, I only need the Sanwu G2 if adding the 3XBE in this case.

Last edited:
Yeah I think my 5 watt blue with that diode is my current favorite. Speaking of divergence, even through the Sanwu G7 lens, it puts a nice clean tight spot on the wall, 20 feet away.. Almost as tight as the M140, just bigger

Theses the v1 and v2 as far as the NUBM44 goes, I have not heard of anything newer than the v2 and that's what DTR sells.

The 7A75 is not as strong however it's not weak either, the 7A has a little better divergence and I run them at 4.0a which is still ok for 2 x 18650 EFest cells and I wanted to use my 2 cell battery tube with the build as the 3 cell tube I have for it did not move heat away from the driver as well.......that said I do like the 7A75, they are punchy little blue burners.

---EDIT---
Also I can use the DTR G2 with the 7A75 and C-lens when adding in the 3X beam expander, but when using the NUBM44 I have to use the Sanwu G2 if using the 6X c-lens pair and adding the 3X beam expander because of the slight focal length difference and the 44's enormous divergence.
If not adding the beam expander I can use the DTR G2 with the 44 and 6X pair, I only need the Sanwu G2 if adding the 3XBE in this case.

Try at DTR G8 it's also a long focal length single element like the G7 only better, it's more efficient and has a broadband 400-700nm AR coating and it's built right with a seat and retainer so it can be taken apart, the G7 is a glue in arrangement and it's not as efficient.

I have a 405nm 1+ watt Silver Series laser on the way from Sanwu.. I had them put their G8 lens in it. I actually didn't realize that there was a difference between Sanwu's in house G8/G7 assemblies and the ones from DTR.. I had just thought they were from the same source

They are definitely not the same lens. I have both and the DTR G8 is a much better lens.

Last edited: