Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

700mW Tùng Laser 638nm

That has been my experience too. I bought two Oclaros back when they first came out and lost them both to trying for 1 watt in optical power. I switched to the Mits ML501P73s and never looked back. They have gotten very cheap in the last couple of years.

Awesome red laser. I love the host. It's slightly visible during the day time and quite nice at night. About 3 weeks shipping. 10/10

Did you tracking number ever update? Mine just says exported from vietnam.

well yeah the open can is the only minus here,i have pushed my tec cooled p73 up to 1,6w and it survived and still workes great,i don't think that an oclaro could achive something similar,if you get an oclaro don't push it more than 1w,those don't really like to be overdriven as p73's
holy crap! seriously? hmmmm :whistle: I kinda want another P73 now, if i end up getting another one ill just leave the lens on it and quit taking it off and on like i did so many times and was probably the reason mine failed (thank you dust particles) :(

That has been my experience too. I bought two Oclaros back when they first came out and lost them both to trying for 1 watt in optical power. I switched to the Mits ML501P73s and never looked back. They have gotten very cheap in the last couple of years.
looks like that mits is a real trooper! as i was telling Chris, i want another one now :)

swan

Did you tracking number ever update? Mine just says exported from vietnam.

The shipping tracking didn't update after leaving Vietnam until it showed up at my doorstep a couple weeks later. It did seem that customs opened the box and resealed it. Hope you don't have any problems!

kecked

Has anyone put a c mount in a host? I saw a 5W red a while back. No idea what happened to it.

It was way over priced and went nowhere. If the one you are talking about had a labby stuck in a flashlight, it didn't sell, and IMO, was a bad idea.