Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6x 'first lase' video, Now at 120mA! (pic)

Ok... so heres the video of the first time I fired up the 6x diode with any decent amount of current. Still, this was only about 50 or 60mA. This is in a setup that I threw together really quick just for some testing, as this will end up in a kenom barrel. The diode is in a TINY TINY bit crooked, so I need to take it to work tomorrow and use a real press to get it all the way in. I used a little hand press, it worked enough but I want this thing to be perfect. Anyway, enough blabbing, onto the video:

This was in my garage with just a tiny bit of smoke in the air.

[media]http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj71/GooeyGus/?action=view&current=MOV00005.flv[/media]

(here is the direct link to the video if it doesn't work embedded: http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj71/GooeyGus/?action=view&current=MOV00005.flv )

Now some pictures!

Heres my little 'test setup'

DSC00714.jpg

Looking good!
DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

And the Alpha, with a lot of smoke added:

DSC00718.jpg

Mega matrix
DSC00719.jpg

Line
DSC00720.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

Time tunnel (out of focus... sorry)
DSC00722.jpg

And of course, the trusty red DX200
DSC00723.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Re: 6x 'first lase' video, as well as some cool pi

Really cool pics there! that bluray looks absolutley awesome :cool: How many mw:s is it kicking out? I wish I had bluray, the color is so nice. :D

Things

wow, looks nice! Man, if i ever got a 6X BR, it would be harvested, and straight in the host and all perfect before i turned it on, no way i'd risk it!

Switch

Glad to see the crooked window didn't pose any real problems :D

lazerguy said:
Really cool pics there! that bluray looks absolutley awesome :cool: How many mw:s is it kicking out? I wish I had bluray, the color is so nice. :D

No idea on the actual power, but according to the graph posted by Dr. Lava its probably only at about 40mW right now. Right when the power REALLY started to grow exponentially, the pot had reached its least resistance. I can swap out the resistor and keep going, but my damn DMM hasn't come in the mail yet and I don't want to risk turning it too high.

Your voice sounds exactly how I expected it to sound. :-?

VillageIdiot said:
Your voice sounds exactly how I expected it to sound. :-?

Like a 22 year old guy with a really bad cold?

;D

Kenom

One should note I had a conversation with gooey the other night on messenger and just had to ask if his avatar picture was really a picture of himself. I was suprised to find that it's not. He' looks completely different that the avatar picture.

JLSE

Nice work! You beat me to it LOL, I broke the red's facet and am now super nervous to go for the gusto! I will be taking another stab at it ths weekend. Good to see it went well :D

jayrob

Things said:
wow, looks nice! Man, if i ever got a 6X BR, it would be harvested, and straight in the host and all perfect before i turned it on, no way i'd risk it!

After killing more than one expensive diode (2 X), I have that same mentality. That's what is so great about the work that Hemlock Mike and drlava did with the 6 X. Especially Lava's graph. On my 6 X build, I just set the driver at 100mA's. Then put it all together...

Nice work GooeyGus! Welcome to the 6 X club!
Jay

drlava

Way to go! another one successfully avoids killing an expensive diode so far :)

Kenom said:
One should note I had a conversation with gooey the other night on messenger and just had to ask if his avatar picture was really a picture of himself.  I was suprised to find that it's not.  He' looks completely different that the avatar picture.

Lol thanks for clearing that up.

I'm totally blown away by this thing. I turned it up to ~120mA and its simply amazing. Here is a picture:

Mind you, this is in a window-lit room, i'm facing a dark corner but its actually a bit brighter inside than the picture looks. The beam is crazy....

DSC00725.jpg

That picture with the Mega matrix looks awesome! I'd love to see a picture like that in high quality!

Nice blueray too :) If I had access to all my tools I would SO make one.

Kenom said:
One should note I had a conversation with gooey the other night on messenger and just had to ask if his avatar picture was really a picture of himself. I was suprised to find that it's not. He' looks completely different that the avatar picture.

Silly boy. ;D