Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6x bluray pics (110mA)

phenol

Yet another GGW-H20L bluray writer used to its best advantage...

Attachments

• HPIM4499.JPG
    HPIM4499.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 91

phenol

the LD in the middle in the last pic is the red emitter from the bluray writer sled. the one to its right is the well-known long die open can, the one to its left is a normal closed can. it seems that its die is probably as long as the open can one. the only diode i know of in a case like that is Mitsubishi's ML101J27 rated for 130mW CW max.

The red in the 6x sled seems pretty damn strong... I'm feeding it close to 300mA. I took a reading but I cant remember the exact value... 275 - 300mA something like that ;D

Nice pics! :D Did you use smoke to make the beam visible or does it look like that without smoke?

phenol

thanks guys
i didnt use any atmosphere additives. but it doesnt look like that either. the camera makes out the beam in a well-lit room easily, whereas my eyes dont ::) . all pics were taken w/o flash and the camera automatically increased exposure time accordingly

Yes, the camera makes blu-ray look pretty strange, I knew that. But would the beam be visible enough for being used for sky pointing at night?

phenol

visibility is in the eye of the beholder... ;) i see it as an eerie pale gray line with horrible divergence(due to my eyes' inability to focus it correctly), which in fact it isnt.
I'd use a green for sky pointing. Bluray is good for fluorescing things, it produces a brilliant blue spot on white paper and a meager barely visible purplish spot on black and non-fluorescent surfaces.

jayrob

Another 6 X club member!

phenol, those are some awesome pictures!
Jay

daguin

Congratulations! Great pictures. Looks like I'm going to have to get the camera out if I'm ever going to see the beam from my blu-rays without choking.

Peace,
dave