Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6x Blu

jayrob

jake21 said:
160213022954 on ebay

That's Will, he lives 30 min. from my house. He has a lot of different high powered diodes. That one there is the same power as the 2 X drive that I harvested. Well, it might be a little better, but we would have to do a graph to know for sure. But now that we know about the 6 X harvest, he's going to have to offer a stronger diode at a better price! On the other hand, I guess if a guy didn't want to do the harvest...
Jay

JAy -

Good answer. I couldn't have answered that question using my knowledge of the 6x.

Mike

jayrob

Mike, I had to chime in on that one because I have been in contact with Will. I was going to buy one of his diodes. That was before the 2 X harvest that I finally succeeded in, and the 6 X harvest that you and drlava showed. He does have some even more powerful diodes, but the prices on these are astronomical!
Here's what he quoted me just for the 2 X diode on that e-bay page from jake21: (He has dropped the price since then, to $399. Still a little high though...)

"Jay:
sorry it took so long.
Here are some prices.
I'll offere you 2 pcs at the 100 pcs price to get you going.

N brand 65 mW (80 mW max) 405 nm
single item: $699
10's $ 650
100 pcs $499
need to get price at 1K.

I can sell 50 at $ 525

Will Roberts
www.LASER66.com
eBay: Lasers4u"

I would like to get a hold of some of his more powerful diodes, but they are too expensive...
Jay

Jay --
He can sprinkle them over his breakfast in the morning ;D Crunchies on toast!! Way too much $$

Mike

hey mike can your clear up to me if GBW-H10N LG 4x bluray burner has the same sled like yours?, thanks.

I have not seen the H10N sled but it's probably a very similar configuration.  The right side seems to have the "red/IR" diodes and the one which has a private path is blu.  Does your sled have two lenses looking at the disk?  If so, the blu will stand alone.
Just looking at the optics paths on mine, it was obvious where the blue was also there may be red and blue dots observed.
Mike

ok, this one has 2 lenses, i think its almost same sled, the BRLD pin configuration is same as yours, right?

I have not seen the sled you have but from what Jayrob has found, I think it's the same -- just lower power.  Look at the little circuit board connections before you remove it.  It probably has the common pin and the "left" pin connected together.

Jayrob -- Jump in here ------

Mike  
Can you post a pix of the sled?

jayrob

Hemlock Mike said:
I have not seen the sled you have but from what Jayrob has found, I think it's the same -- just lower power.  Look at the little circuit board connections before you remove it.  It probably has the common pin and the "left" pin connected together.

Jayrob -- Jump in here ------

Mike  
Can you post a pix of the sled?

Mike, I should have looked at how the circuit board connections were...but I didn't.
adgmeijin, I would say to connect it the same way that Hemlock Mike, drlava, and myself have connected ours. But obviously, don't cut any pins! Lol. I messed one of mine up by making that mistake...
Jay

until now not yet, ive been busy one of this days, our office moved into another place, but im trying to put it out as soon my schedule will be smooth, im always follwing your instruction, so when im done for the extraction i will post the photo of it,, thanks. :) ;)