Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

650nm diodes

I decided to get a HL660 50mW after all guys. Now I just have to work toward the other part of <589nm :yh:

-Alex

How did you go about building that Pman? Did you get a C-mount module with lens?

Pman

I bought the 3W 808nm from Crazyspaz when he was selling most of his stuff and then bought a c-mount housing/sink on Ebay and then a 5A adjustable driver from Jordan. The lens is one of those G looking ones from Eitan that never got a real name.
This is the c-mount I purchased but if you look there are some other type mounts:
High Power 808nm Laser Diode C Mount Metal Housing | eBay

Mounting the diode was actually not very difficult for anyone who is used to building especially if you are good at problem solving. It's mainly about making sure spacing and isolating is done correctly so there's no chance of a short.
The biggest reason it took so long to finish it is I didn't realize Jordan had the driver I needed. I ended up screwing down the lens as close to the diode as I could get to try and move the focal point out farther but it doesn't seem to do much. I should try a 3-element and see what happens. Regardless it was all an experiment to get a c-mount build completed. Don't see why building something like a 1W red would be difficult. The main thing would be making sure the mount is further mounted into a good heat-sink.

So actually answering your question straight up the mount I have didn't come with a lens like a bunch of others do. I am curious though where one with a lens focuses too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS