Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

639nm TRI-BEAM Mitsubishi ML562G84 diode, What do I need to know?

PICS BRO! :gh::gh:
What does this driver look like? Did the diode come bare or in a module? :wave:

I'll do some pics when I have the pinout:D I don't wanna mess this baby up:eek:

I just msged podo today about ordering one of these, any insight you can give into the actual diode is most welcome!

It's just like a regular diode:) I just watched a video styropyro had on it and he said his driver was a 2.2A buck drive:D

Last edited:

BobMc

Really curious to see how this build turns out. Love the idea! Best wishes and looking forward to the build and beam pics. :drool:

Really curious to see how this build turns out. Love the idea! Best wishes and looking forward to the build and beam pics. :drool:

As soon as I find what amperage is ideal for this laser I'm going to order the driver and set this baby up right quick :D

Last edited:
That post on PL stated people were running them at 1.8a without issue.

Podo messaged me this morning saying that 2.3-2.5 should be good:D
I'm gonna order a new driver in a few minutes and hopefully have this big boy running by next week:)

Okay so I think my driver just kicked the bucket on this build. The diode is okay and I tested it out with a spare driver that I had and it worked just fine.

At 2.4A I was getting a max of about 1.7W. I was wondering if anyone thought it might be an okay idea to up my amperage a little, maybe to 3A.

Everywhere that I've seen these listed I have seen them rated for 2.5W and I'm sure that running at 3A won't put me up to 2.5(well, hopefully not anyways.)

Opinions on this? Yay or nay? I'd love some input.

BobMc

Man, I understand your nervousness on uping the amps on such a great diode. Wish I had some info for you, but all I can offer is moral support. Hoping the best, still love that diode. ( Planning on buying a Sanwu Guaridian with that diode in it.)

Last edited:
No one? I saw a old thread with podo and a double beam version of this laser and he had it set at 4 Amps! It was putting out 3 watts at that current so I think I'm going to go ahead and try using a 3A driver. I'm hoping that will push me to around the 2W mark and not put to much strain on the diode. Fingers crossed:D

You can up the current beyond specification, but it will reduce the life of the diode, probably not a linear relationship either.

You are using his name, or a extremely similar name along with his Signature. You only joined this month and already have negative reputation. The real Laserbee has been here for years and is highly respected. Leave.

Last edited: