Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

638nm laser bank

The spec sheet they show says 1.13 typical and 1.18 max
It's in their pics and it's small but you can see it

Characteristics of bank shows 9.1 watts and characteristics of LD shows 1.13 watts

specsht.JPG

The spec sheet they show says 1.13 typical and 1.18 max
It's in their pics and it's small but you can see it

Characteristics of bank shows 9.1 watts and characteristics of LD shows 1.13 watts

View attachment 63223
yes, i have seen it, but they are a mitsubisi brand,we had a P-73 with the 0.5w statement but was very easy to reach 1w,I believe it can reach 2w or 2.5w

Interesting find! If it is not a joke this may be first sign that reds will also soon be produced in banks like Nichia blue and green LDs today.

Can you find it in taobao? The site does not want to let me in.

Anyway if the divergence is as bad as of Ushio, then for reasonable range all beams have to be expanded to touch each other, also this new flat bank does not look to be done for common flat heatsinks or TEC surfaces... has anyone ever seen heatsinks for such banks at all???

yes, i have seen it, but they are a mitsubisi brand,we had a P-73 with the 0.5w statement but was very easy to reach 1w,I believe it can reach 2w or 2.5w

Typical being 1.13w then maybe 1.5 - 1.75w CW and if you use TEC then maybe 2.0 - 2.5w CW but try and see, you can maybe get 2.0+ without TEC for short duty cycles from a room temp start but as it heats up I doubt it can hold output above 2 w for very long.

Interesting find! If it is not a joke this may be first sign that reds will also soon be produced in banks like Nichia blue and green LDs today.

Can you find it in taobao? The site does not want to let me in.

Anyway if the divergence is as bad as of Ushio, then for reasonable range all beams have to be expanded to touch each other, also this new flat bank does not look to be done for common flat heatsinks or TEC surfaces... has anyone ever seen heatsinks for such banks at all???

I can't get into taobao either, it wants a username and password, but there are buy from China agent sites such as : https://tbfocus.com/ or https://taobaoage.com/ or http://www.taobaotrends.com/

Last edited:
I sent a message to the seller and want them to extract them and sell, the price will probably be 60usd / pcs, I will probably buy 1, wish this would be a good and low divergence diode

My chinese colleague found this bank in taobao but there also is only one seller and same price as on ebay.
The seller replied that they could extract depending on how many I am going to buy...

We could do a "Group buy". Have you seen my thread "Funny story..." in Red Lasers section.
I have a setup to check the divergence ready (ice box cooled), just need to replace 2 Ushio red LDs by 2 of these ones...

Yes, I readed and always appreciate the thread you write, it's really great, very meticulous and sophisticated
I believe they will be available in a short time, Chinese merchants will sell them and buying groups may not be necessary, but if there are about 4 people who want them right away, that's great to fouder a group buy

I have not removed diodes from the new thin block/backing as yet but it should be easy to heat up and push the diodes through being it's thinner than the old style block and should warm up faster, not that indium solder needs to get all that hot to melt anyway.

I wonder if these are the "1.8w" mitsubishi a few other sellers have recently listed. Maybe a version without the lens or recaped? I think Im gonna try the $60 1.8W from ebay when the seller gets back from holiday.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I'm really curious about this diode. I'd like a high power red but the divergence of the readily available diodes kinda sux. If that datasheet is real I'm guardedly optimistic. It has the ratio of fast axis/slow axis divergence as only 2:1 rather than the 4 or 5 to 1 I see on the datasheets for the reds we're familiar with. One question: Can someone here tell me if that ratio is meaningful considering the lens on these? Or do we need to de-can one to look at the raw output?

I don't think the listed numbers mean much due to the lens. I would guess the pre-lens divergence is 2X the P73, or worse.

Perhaps they will create a bad divergence,But I'm always waiting for an optimistic thing

Last edited:
I would better wait until more sellers are there. We are not in a hurry, are we? Remember the story with NUBM08 banks, which came out at 1000usd and now after a couple of years are to get for 150-200.