Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: O-like 400mw green - Review

I'm kinda :( about how fast the dot gets HUGE ! i mean 30 meters and it's already like 10 cm diameter o well

It wasn't a defect of the laser, so I wasn't gonna say anything about it, but yeah, compared to my fixed focus lasers, the dot gets HUGE fast. and refocusing every time, for pointing seems like a hassle.

Still, so long as i get an at or over spec replacement I'll be happy. By that time i'll also have an lpm to have objective data.

One of my coworkers saw the dot on a wall 30-35 feet away and thought it was some kind of a green flashlight :/

Last edited:

Hehe i am @ my bro a farm and it's pitch black dark outside as i walk with a white t-shirt outside and the laser pointed to myself on my shite t-shirt and the whole area is lit up green and visible were ever i can see to bad the :mad: phone cam doesn't capture that light :p

Careful, some yokel could call the cops about strange green alien lights:crackup:

Hi,

I was only using it for a short time, just to check if it works and if it can light a match. While pointing it on a wall 7.5 meters away it looked good but maybe because I wasn't watching closely, I didn't notice.

Is there a 'professional' way to check whether the beam is coming out straight?

Flat cylindrical host? Just turn it on, and roll it back and forth with your hand on a flat surface like a table.

If the dot traces out a relatively flat straight line on the wall as it rolls, it's centered. If it makes a loop-de-loop, it's angled.

Mine has that terrible angle aswel. as you said not even like 3 feet and it hits my desk lol idc.
ps: some 1 i know sorta... want's to give 200 euro's for the torch lmao cause i said that i bought it for 100 euro's

I don't know yet to keep it or not.

Mine came today. Was shipped on the 24th.

My order was shipped on the 21st, USPS tracking has not changed since the 23rd. All i know is it left Singapore on the 23rd. I am in Nebraska. Did your Tracking info get updated frequently once it was in the US?

My order was shipped on the 21st, USPS tracking has not changed since the 23rd. All i know is it left Singapore on the 23rd. I am in Nebraska. Did your Tracking info get updated frequently once it was in the US?

Order was placed via their website on the 22nd. Here's what my tracking looked like with regular shipping.

Delivered, March 12, 2011, 12:47 pm, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Notice Left, March 11, 2011, 1:39 pm, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Arrival at Unit, March 11, 2011, 5:21 am, FAIR LAWN, NJ 07410
Foreign International Dispatch, February 25, 2011, 2:16 pm, SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

This was for a 650nm O-like 250mw Cutie. As you can see there is quite a huge gap between the time the laser was ordered and the time I received it. I was also very antsy about the huge amount of time in between updates.

The expedited shipping they have does provide more updates. Although expedited is a very relative term with chinese companies... Placed an order on the 31st, got tracking info via chat on wednesday night, but still no updates in system.

Ugh, so incredibly frustrated after seeing that video! Gonna mail my piece of crap back on monday. Want to burn:eg:

ZapU

Here's a 100 sec metered run. I was getting about 10mW more this morning when the air was cooler. It may have peaked higher, befpre the Radiant Alpha warmed up. (sorry InfinitusEquitas, hope you get a replacement soon :rolleyes:)

A little noob question. Is it the laser that uses 10+ seconds to reach 400mw or simply the meter counting slowly up? I'm wondering when mine may be at its peak..

Either way i'd be happy with that power.

ZapU

The meter takes 10-15 seconds to respond. I think the laser is at full power much quicker.

Allright, Nice to know. Tried to measure it without the water proofing lens yet?

Reactions: ARG

ZapU

The newer batch of lasers is different from the original. The original needed a tool to turn the focusing lens. On the new model the focusing lens is the waterproofing lens. You can't remove it.

Really?

But if you unscrew the focusing head, you can still measure the raw output, I suppose?

Of course it wouldn't matter thath much then.

I can report now that the beam comes out in a slight angel. Didn't measure how much, though.

It burned a match and popped dark balloons (without a black dot) 2 meters distance in a few seconds.

It also burned a hole in a CD case at half meter distance in 10 - 15 seconds.

Really good laser for its price.

BTW, what is the charging time of the TR 18650 UltraFire 2800mAh 3.7v?

Last edited: