Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grover

Re: O-like 400mw green - $214 (hitting 600mw) - Review

I'm not using the confusion at all.

1. You would be getting a laser that is known what the output is.

2. You don't have to gamble and get less. I got a bad unit the first one.

3. Don't have to wait a month. You are paying for super fast delivery.

4. With expedited shipping from o-like it's still going to take a couple weeks and not know what you get. And I think it costs like what $30 more expedited shipping? So you'd be up to like $245. For what a measly $60 more you get a super high overspec laser in a couple days. I'm sorry but if I was still looking that would be well worth it to me.

5. We don't know how long it will take to get in stock. Could take another month and then a month more to get to someone. That's two months possibly.

This isn't ripping someone off. It's a dang good laser I got and it's tested for output. If I had 4 of them and three were only 350mw should I sell it for the same price? The 600 mw is obviously worth more. I've seen these a lot lower in reviews.

I think I'd actually be helping someone out. It took me 2 1/2 months to get it, had to pay $30 Additional postage back to O-like originally. And bought a laser meter to test it. Someone out there would be happy to get it so fast and such a high output. Just because it's not you Please don't dump on me and the thread.

And to ME it's not worth me selling for less. I'd rather keep it than take less. It's to nice of a laser and to high of spec for me to sell it for less. So that's the price I would be willing to let go of it for. Plus I have to pay shipping and paypal fees on top of that. So at least I'm giving someone an option if they want to. Doesn't hurt to give more options. If you want to wait and save a little by all means do that. I'm not forcing anyone to buy it. It's just another option. If it's not the option for you then just wait and buy a different one.

I am pretty sure that there is a buy/sell section here on LPF. I suggest you use that instead.

I hope they get more of these, and the price does not go up too much more like this batch did. I think this laser, or one similar would be a good and reasonable step up for me.

Grunff

O-like have now removed the 400mW from their site altogether.

I'd really like a 400-500mW 532nm. Any recommendations? I don't mind paying a bit more, as long as the output is genuine.

plexus

I got an email last night that my OL-532 was shipped and the tracking number was included.

X FLY

O-like have now removed the 400mW from their site altogether.

I'd really like a 400-500mW 532nm. Any recommendations? I don't mind paying a bit more, as long as the output is genuine.

Well if you want a IR filtered, high quality TRUE >500mW green laser as cheap as possible get this: Viasho Group Buy Lasers

People have reported those lasers being upto 200mW overspec (Thats 700mW stable of pure 532nm light)

still no mail for me :(

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped

ZapU

I emailed Susie yesterday. I received the email this morning that it had been shipped including a tracking number. :D:D:D

yeah i have the track number included aswel and a lil bonus :p

Hmmm, this might not be all good. I seem to be getting one, but don't really want one now.

I ordered one of these back on March 10, and like many others I got the "bad quality, order canceled, refund coming" e-mail.

Unlike others, I never heard from O-like again after the cancellation e-mail. Never heard from them that my order was going to be fulfilled after all. I assumed that my order was too low on the totem pole to get filled from the good units that they did acquire, since I never heard anything else from them.

So, I bought a different, equivalently priced toy, and decided that I did not really want and need this unit enough to worry about it any more.

This was exacerbated by me flying to Japan last week, which made me forget to worry about where my PayPal refund was. (I am posting from Japan right now, it's about 9:15 PM here, end of a long day).

I see now that 2 - 3 hours ago, I got a shipping confirmation from O-like, with tracking number.

Oh well...

When it arrives, I'll check it out, see if it works right, measure it's output with and without an IR filter, play around with it a bit to see how much I really like it.

Depending on the outcome of those exercises, there may be an O-like 400mw waterproof focusable green for sale in a month or so...

Great news I'm looking forward to the results cheers!

Hmmm, this might not be all good. I seem to be getting one, but don't really want one now.

I ordered one of these back on March 10, and like many others I got the "bad quality, order canceled, refund coming" e-mail.

Unlike others, I never heard from O-like again after the cancellation e-mail. Never heard from them that my order was going to be fulfilled after all. I assumed that my order was too low on the totem pole to get filled from the good units that they did acquire, since I never heard anything else from them.

So, I bought a different, equivalently priced toy, and decided that I did not really want and need this unit enough to worry about it any more.

This was exacerbated by me flying to Japan last week, which made me forget to worry about where my PayPal refund was. (I am posting from Japan right now, it's about 9:15 PM here, end of a long day).

I see now that 2 - 3 hours ago, I got a shipping confirmation from O-like, with tracking number.

Oh well...

When it arrives, I'll check it out, see if it works right, measure it's output with and without an IR filter, play around with it a bit to see how much I really like it.

Depending on the outcome of those exercises, there may be an O-like 400mw waterproof focusable green for sale in a month or so...

In such cases, you should never leave things unclear and count on assumptions.

You should have emailed Susie back then and ask her if they are going to send you a laser or refund your money.

Well, now it's too late. Never mind.

Now you'll have two greenies and if you decide to sell one I'm sure you'll find your man soon enough.

DAST

Also I got the email. The pointer is shipped. Now I have to wait some weeks (months?) until arrival...

Shadowspawn: What the hell are you doing in Japan these days? Family?
Druid: Thank you for giving this option. If my order were not shpped now and if you could post to germany, I for sure would buy your overspeced gem. But now I am looking gladly forward to what o-like sends to me.