Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

600MW Greenie

holy crap tech lasers is selling a 600MW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greenie
for slightly more than $2000

sh_t thas scary. anyone for cooked sheep?

i want one(if i get one yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
:) ;) :D ;D :eek: :cool: ::)

Techlasers != responsible, honest company (!= is does not equal)
ALL their lasers are cheap clones. I bet it wouldn't give 500, let alone 600.

Like it says in my sig I do custom lasers. If you really really want a 600mW I'd be happy to sort you out one for a helluva lot less than $2000. However I think for plain out power, IR is the way to go.

Things

Yep, even the hurcules just beats 600mw, i highly doubt TL ould be able to create such a thing that doesnt die instantly.

fair enough blue, but range and GGGGGGGGGGGREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN
imagine giving someone an unsuspecting longrange haircut(ultimate prank) AHAHAHAHAHAHA(evil laugh)

Sound alright... I'll wait for results from the current purchasers.

I did mean I could build you a 600mW greenie BTW...

Switch

cybob101 said:
fair enough blue, but range and GGGGGGGGGGGREEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN
imagine giving someone an unsuspecting longrange haircut(ultimate prank)     AHAHAHAHAHAHA(evil laugh)
IR would be better for an unsuspecting haircut ::) 600mW of green would reflect all over.

Anyway, Techlasers probably rates their lasers by their peak output.I bet some RPL-400's peak near 600mW.That's if they actually test their stuff with something other than their intuition.
Oh , it's actually $2500.And they offer a 100% duty cycle :D I don't really see 100% duty cycle on that monster of a diode with just heatsinking....

Switch

You would probably set his hair on fire and he would turn around all like "omg !!! my head is on fire" and catch your beam right in the eye.That prank would suck :p

yeah it would. Plus i doubt it would light his hair on fire.. ive had the same thought. I figured hair is so thin i could just burn right through it, but it doesnt work, even with black hair. Youd need something a bit mroe powerful, like a lab laser over 3 watts or something.

Switch

laserterd said:
yeah it would. Plus i doubt it would light his hair on fire.. ive had the same thought. I figured hair is so thin i could just burn right through it, but it doesnt work, even with black hair. Youd need something a bit mroe powerful, like a lab laser over 3 watts or something.

Yea but I mean the pump diode for the Crossfire shoud be putting out about 3 Watts to make 600mW of green LOL :p

If the hair is bunched together (like thin braids or something) cutting hair wouldn't be a problem. Individually, the strands are too thin.
BTW FireMyLaser, I believe 'uber' is German for over. :D

A good prank with a 600mW laser would be etching profanities into the leather seat of someone's car at a stoplight or roasting your neighbor's pet canary from the comfort of your living room. ;D
JUST KIDDING!

ixfd64

I wouldn't trust Techlasers. Their lasers are counterfeits and may last for only a few hours. The Crossfire-600 might peak at 600 mW for a few seconds, but that's it.