Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW LED Shoppe pointers

Question: how long did your packages stay in "Foreign International Dispatch"? Mine have been there since late last week, but I'm guessing it might take a few days.

Hurm, received mine in the mail today (rather unexpectedly). The shipment tracking fee is worthless, don't pay it, but otherwise the shipping service is surprisingly speedy (ordered on Thursday, shipped Friday, received today since Tuesday was Veteran's day).

However, I am concerned at how bright (or NOT) it is for a 30mW. I'm using some new alkaline batteries, and after I power it on, it noticeably drops in brightness in 2 discrete steps (mode hopping???). At max brightness, I'm unable to see the beam at dusk. Is my laser a dud, or should I try and use better batteries?

REVENGE said:
Hurm, received mine in the mail today (rather unexpectedly). The shipment tracking fee is worthless, don't pay it, but otherwise the shipping service is surprisingly speedy (ordered on Thursday, shipped Friday, received today since Tuesday was Veteran's day).

However, I am concerned at how bright (or NOT) it is for a 30mW. I'm using some new alkaline batteries, and after I power it on, it noticeably drops in brightness in 2 discrete steps (mode hopping???). At max brightness, I'm unable to see the beam at dusk. Is my laser a dud, or should I try and use better batteries?
green lasers have an incredible tendency to either drop significantly in brightness or gain in brightness, and im not quite sure the relativeness of mW strength to beam visibility, i can see the beam on my 5mW just as well as my 50mW but not on my 20mW. I seriously doubt its a dud, try holding it on for a little while and seeing if the light fluctuates a lot, my 20mW pulses, my 5mW and 50mW don't pulse.

Ah, actually what it needed was a fresh pair of batts (not the ones that shipped hehe) and a little warmup.  Now, no more mode hopping at all, or any drop in brightness for that matter! ;D

Overall, nice laser. In fact, I'm selling this to a friend and upping to a 50mW. I'll let you guys know how it turns out next week.

(randomlugia) My package of (2) 50mW greenies was hard to read. It did have "50gl X 2 + 20 10mmwht" clearly marked on the label with my name and address though. (I ordered some LED's as well) They arrived in bubble wrap, no box.It took exactly two weeks to reach me here in Cali.

I just received them yesterday and plan on using my nightvision goggles and a bottle of cola to test for IR. I will post my findings soon.

The postman kept asking me what I ordered from Hong Kong. ::) LOL

ColdStl said:
(randomlugia) My package of (2) 50mW greenies was hard to read. It did have "50gl X 2 + 20 10mmwht" clearly marked on the label with my name and address though. (I ordered some LED's as well) They arrived in bubble wrap, no box.It took exactly two weeks to reach me here in Cali.

I just received them yesterday and plan on using my nightvision goggles and a bottle of cola to test for IR. I will post my findings soon.

The postman kept asking me what I ordered from Hong Kong.  ::) LOL
Why did you Buy DX condom?

;) How it look with night vision?

:p impulsive buy I guess. DX condom?...Cuz I'm a NOOB and I didn't want to feel bad about it when I rip one of them apart and look at its guts. I like the Titanium one (<10mW greenie) I got off ebay before joining the forum, but it cost me $50 and I didn't want to disect it just yet.

Another hour and it will be dark enough for me to put on the NVG :D

Its dark since ~5Pm here! ;)
I walk with two lasers and a knife ;) just incase.. That place is slowly turning into a ghetho :mad:

Its rarely foggy ;( Im excited ro see beamshot ^^.

Testing done.

From what I've read on here about detecting IR, I'd have to say that they don't have IR filters on them. The ebay "Titanium" pointer is harder to tell, and the seller claims to have a "no hassle" guarantee, but none the less Id have to say no filter as well.
I am considering ordering a couple of filters and retesting, but then again disecting would be more fun i think. Anyone have any input on this?