Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW 405nm ebay $9.89, good deal?

Kevlar

I thought for that price what the heck but if he refuses to ship whats the point.

Benm

Seems like a bottom of the market seller to me.

It still might be a good deal though - getting something shipped for $10 or under is downright cheap.

I think you'd be better off shopping with dealextreme and such for value for money. The under $10 deals may seem attractive, but consider what you area actually buying - dont count on anything consistent at these prices!

I took a chance on five from etimeshop for about the same price and all were overspec and sold like hotcakes--MMMM hotcakes!!-- I asked just the other day if they were still selling the same exact one and they said yes--shipping was fast for a china seller and there was a considerable combined ship discount too. All still working fine.

oikos

I took a chance on five from etimeshop for about the same price and all were overspec and sold like hotcakes--MMMM hotcakes!!-- I asked just the other day if they were still selling the same exact one and they said yes--shipping was fast for a china seller and there was a considerable combined ship discount too. All still working fine.

where did u sell them?? at the bakery? :yh:

looks dodgy... read the description...

Utilization of the latest crystal technology and optics creates this high quality;pen-sized laser pointer.It emits an intense,brilliant laser beam and has a range up to 1000 meters,Use your Laser Pointer to aim at any desired targets on projection screens,video monitors,presentation graphics,and any opaque as far as several hundred meters.

Specification:

* Laser color: Blue.
* Max Output power: 5mW.
* Wave length: 405nm.
* Range in darkness: more than 1000 meters.
* Power supply: AAA Batteries x2(not included) .
* Output mode: Constant Wave.

Package Included:

* 1 x laser pointer pen
* 100% Brand New

I don't know... looks a bit dodgey to me...

Kevlar

Well, for that price I figured what the hell and ordered 1. I'll let you know how it turns out. I needed something while I'm waiting for my host on my 6X build. Maybe I'll just use it for my spirograph :D

Kevlar

Aw man that sucks. Has anyone every gotten it resolved through PP?

I'm sure we will get a refund, but I want my damn $3 laser LOL. I opened a claim today.

Kevlar

:crackup: Yeah, I just want my cheapo blu-ray. I'll let you know what happens...

Thanks for the heads up. :thanks:

Mik

OP - look up etimeshop and see what his prices look like. As many others have said, his pens are usually a lot more than 5mW and are pretty cheap. My BR is 36mW and the green is doing 54! If I were going to buy cheap pens from anyone on ebay, that would be the person. Good record so far.