Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

593.5nm 2-9mW Laserglow Rigel for sale!

Gabe

I just did a quick look and there are a couple threads within the forum on the subject of CNI GLP laser disassembly... looks like it's notoriously hard. "These pens are 99% glue" I'm fairly certain if I tried to take it apart right now I would break it, so I won't. Although it does apparently come apart at the gold ring near the head of the laser...

I just did a quick look and there are a couple threads within the forum on the subject of CNI GLP laser disassembly... looks like it's notoriously hard. "These pens are 99% glue" I'm fairly certain if I tried to take it apart right now I would break it, so I won't. Although it does apparently come apart at the gold ring near the head of the laser...

Yeah, same with the CR2 wavelength version of those pens. You can unscrew the middle and have it in 2 pieces but breaking anything at that point would very, very likely. Having it shipped from Canada to Australia in 2 pieces and not breaking anything is going to require luck and A LOT of bubble wrap :D

-Alex

Well I'm thinking they are so low power that actually might not be a problem with customs,
If they were to put some batteries in and try it it isn't very bright for them to be conserned hey,

What do you think,
Maybe he can chuck in a written document stating 1mw. Power legal or something!

Last edited:
Well I'm thinking they are so low power that actually might not be a problem with customs,
If they were to put some batteries in and try it it isn't very bright for them to be consented hey,

What do you think,
Maybe he can chuck in a written document stating 1mw. Power legal or something!

I can't say, it depends on who see it when it gets to AU customs. I wouldn't even include batteries of course, that way it makes it looks more like a pen :)

-Alex

I can't say, it depends on who see it when it gets to AU customs. I wouldn't even include batteries of course, that way it makes it looks more like a pen :)

-Alex

Oh definitely no batteries, with batteries it's garenteed to be opened, I don't think your allowed to ship batteries with some services also!

I've sent a few high power custom lasers the opposite way recently to US and I tape up the box excessively with some heavy duty silver tape and have not had them tampered with at all, I also add electronic vape to the declaration and they have been fine,

Actually I will tell gabe to declare it as Mecanical Mod Vape and tape it up excessively both laser and case,

What does everyone think!

Oh definitely no batteries, with batteries it's garenteed to be opened, I don't think your allowed to ship batteries with some services also!

I've sent a few high power custom lasers the opposite way recently to US and I tape up the box excessively with some heavy duty silver tape and have not had them tampered with at all, I also add electronic vape to the declaration and they have been fine,

Actually I will tell gabe to declare it as Mecanical Mod Vape and tape it up excessively both laser and case,

What does everyone think!

That should be okay. If they do open it for whatever reason, those 594nm pens tend to vary in power quite a lot so hopefully it won't be super bright as it turns on. They usually need some warming up too :)

-Alex

Good luck to both of you, Gabe and Billy. I hope this sale goes through and you have a very nice laser at a very decent price. :D

I've been out of work since March with cancer, but if this is still available when I'm back at work, I'm gonna be all over this.

Gabe

I've been out of work since March with cancer, but if this is still available when I'm back at work, I'm gonna be all over this.

Hi Chicxulub, I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling as well as you can be. Unfortunately the sale is closed and the laser is shipped, I totally forgot to close the thread, my bad. See you around the forums!

Hi Chicxulub, I'm really sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling as well as you can be. Unfortunately the sale is closed and the laser is shipped, I totally forgot to close the thread, my bad. See you around the forums!

Ah dammit! LOL

Thanks for the kind words though. HOnestly, I was shocked that it still seemed to be for sale at this price. That's a steal. :)

Gabe

Ah dammit! LOL

Thanks for the kind words though. HOnestly, I was shocked that it still seemed to be for sale at this price. That's a steal. :)

A steal indeed, I agree! :crackup:
I wanted to 'liquidate' some of my laser assets so I could buy some camera equipment before I go on a road trip, but due to some hefty car repair costs that won't even be happening. But hey, the canadian dollar just climbed in value a bit so I have more money than I thought! Ups and downs ;)

Gabe, I hope you do realize you just made a huge mistake, right? Now that you've sold your 594 pointer you WILL NOT stop thinking about buying another one you'll be missing that gold color so much :pop:

-Alex

Gabe

Gabe, I hope you do realize you just made a huge mistake, right? Now that you've sold your 594 pointer you WILL NOT stop thinking about buying another one you'll be missing that gold color so much :pop:

-Alex

Hahaha while it was a beautiful laser and wavelength, I found I just hardly turned it on or took photos of it compared to other lasers. I find I miss my 177mW 473nm laser more, but it looks like those new 473nm diodes will scratch that same itch for me at a lot less of the price. That diode and maybe the 505nm diode might be my last laser purchases for a while, theyre both just what I had wanted :D