Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

593.5 straight up for 473?

Guys he just wants to make a trade. Don't give him any crap and let him do what he wants.

-Tony

Haha. I love your sarcasm dave, I do, but it's really none of your business, nor mine.

-Tony

daguin

Haha. I love your sarcasm dave, I do, but it's really none of your business, nor mine.

-Tony

You need to read more carefully and/or read the whole thread.

I was trying to help him until he started playing games.

Since when isn't it my business (or yours) to try to help people on the forum?

Peace,
dave

I'm familiar with the thread, but with all due respect (and I do have respect for you on this forum, you're very helpful) he didn't ask for your help.

Anyway, I could reply to your snappy comebacks all day, but I don't want to crowd up Pontiacg5's thread.

Good day sir!
wonka-4youlosepart2.jpg

-Tony

daguin

I'm familiar with the thread, but with all due respect (and I do have respect for you on this forum, you're very helpful) he didn't ask for your help.

Anyway, I could reply to your snappy comebacks all day, but I don't want to crowd up Pontiacg5's thread.

Good day sir!

-Tony

My amazing skillz allow me to see someone who needs help even before they ask for it.

If I see someone pushing a car, I don't wait to see if they ask me for help. I step up and start pushing. It is one of the requirements of "community."

Most NooBs don't even know that they need help. Should I wait and let them blow a driver or two while I wait for them to "ask" or should I try to prevent the loss and frustration?

Peace,
dave

Daguin, I know you're trying to be helpful, but your responses did have an "attitude" tone to them along the lines of "get educated before you speak." It doesn't come across very friendly even with the best of intentions.

There's also a big difference between volunteering services and giving unsolicited advice, even if they seem related. It's one thing to help push a car, another to tell a man how to push it. Your track record with volunteering your services is indisputable and your advice is equally as good, but don't be surprised if people don't want unsolicited advice unless it's to point out a severe and immediate problem. I know I've gone down that road, and I wish I hadn't; it really turned off some people I helped-but-went-too-far.

daguin

Daguin, I know you're trying to be helpful, but your responses did have an "attitude" tone to them along the lines of "get educated before you speak." It doesn't come across very friendly even with the best of intentions.

There's also a big difference between volunteering services and giving unsolicited advice, even if they seem related. It's one thing to help push a car, another to tell a man how to push it. Your track record with volunteering your services is indisputable and your advice is equally as good, but don't be surprised if people don't want unsolicited advice unless it's to point out a severe and immediate problem. I know I've gone down that road, and I wish I hadn't; it really turned off some people I helped-but-went-too-far.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not tying to make friends. Some people like me and my attitude. Some people don't. It makes no difference to me which group someone falls into. I cannot change others. I can only remain true to that which 55 years of life and 20 years of teaching college has taught me.

I rebel against the contemporary attitude that everyone is supposed to be "nice" to everyone else. I have watched too many misunderstandings, unnecessary loss, and downright fraud lead to harm while people were still "treading lightly" around the truth, trying not to offend others.

I am not mean. I do not harm others. I do not solely rely on only the text, but also listen to the sub-text. I do not "worry" about other people's "feelings." I am not responsible for, nor could I possibly know the life history of someone I do not know, well enough to foresee all the potential emotional booby traps lying in wait there. I state facts.

Unless I have switched over into "smart-ass" mode (which happens a lot), then whatever I post is to be helpful. If a person cannot recognize that, is too insecure to accept criticism, has not read enough here to know that, or has such an over-inflated or overly-sensitive ego that ANY suggestion is perceived as a personal attack, then that person has issues which (IMNHO) need to be addressed in a different environment.

In short, thank you for your advice, but I disagree with the sentiment behind it. I will continue to be who I am. Am I human and therefore fallible, yes. However, my record and reputation are testament to the fact that I must be doing much more good than harm.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Monco

It's been a long time since I've been on... Moving and getting a new job and other crap stole me away :(

So! for my first post coming home... I for one love Daguin. When I was new he was the first to be protective of the group, and when I proved who I was he was the first to welcome me into the group. He's fair, and he's intelligent. He's not going to pull your chain or steer you down the wrong path. If he's got advice for you then take it like an adult and re-evaluate your situation.

He's only trying to help... and had it not been for childish antics on some members' parts, he may have been able to help someone.

daguin

It's been a long time since I've been on... Moving and getting a new job and other crap stole me away :(

So! for my first post coming home... I for one love Daguin. When I was new he was the first to be protective of the group, and when I proved who I was he was the first to welcome me into the group. He's fair, and he's intelligent. He's not going to pull your chain or steer you down the wrong path. If he's got advice for you then take it like an adult and re-evaluate your situation.

He's only trying to help... and had it not been for childish antics on some members' parts, he may have been able to help someone.

Monco came to the forum at a time when we were still reeling from a major thief operating in our group. I gave him a harder time than I have ever given an honest person. My protectionist hostility was met with reasoned, measured responses from him. We went so far as to exchange phone numbers to be able to straighten it out. Monco is and would continue to be an asset to the group (if we could get him enough time to post here more ;) )

What happened to your arm?

Peace,
dave

Monco

That picture is from my rotators cuff surgery in 07. My labral was torn ~70% off :(
I just like the little red ball in the picture... it makes the whole thing hilarious to look at... for me anyway.