Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

593.5 Regal for sale..

Hi,
Duty cycle with a WL like this should be conservative but will go further. I don't run my lasers to the max cycle ever. I have lasers that are 3 and 4 years old and still are strong in my personal collection. I will try to proved a LPM graph

Rich:)

I wish I could see how they produced yellow (IR diode, crystals, sizes etc.) in one of these pointers, but wouldn't dare tear it apart to find out. We can make some easy assumptions, I know, but to actually see would be cool. Would probably need a zoom magnifier with an optical port for a camera though, got to be uber tiny in there. I'd happily donate to a tear it apart fund if someone wanted to do that, if we knew it was something we could take apart, maybe all glued together so tight would destroy it too much to do that, I don't know.

Last edited:
Hi,Alaskan,
Well at least we all know we can't expect to much output from this WL in todays world anyway. But it would be interesting to know how these are produced and the size of the component squeezed into a tiny area To produce the yellow beam. But anyway these small pens of this WL is awesome no matter the output, Its the WL it self thats amazing.

They use a custom small c-mount, pumping a small set of crystals in a little brass module. its pretty compact and effective. most of them are around 1mW, though some are 2-3. Rarely do I see one doing more than 4 ish. most that i've had come through are about 1-1.5, but had a couple of 2-3mw's come through. They're more lively with fresh batteries, but they wear them down fast.

I might be interested. I miss not having a yellow pointer.

If you want to sell it to me for $150 I'll do a tear down and a custom build for it and post the process as well as I can!

Hi 3D,
Prego ...

I have to find the tubes filled with both copper and brass , and then I try to do a 510 , because the ones that I received nothing less are bastocini tiny , that thug of seller has put the picture wrong ! I thought they were great ! I have them due return ! that's why I still haven'T posted photos !

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Probably a complete accident, but better offer it to UK as he did technically state first that he wanted it for $200.
Looks like you are going to have to make more. :p

Last edited: