Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

589 MilkyWay

Had a spare few minutes last night and it was fairly clear outside so I fired up the 589.
Kept it to the bare min so put the camera on my ute roof (pickup truck) facing straight up and fired the 589.
Only got about a minute's worth of exposure because, sure enough, high cloud appeared from nowhere and the camera lens fogged up pretty quick.
LOL, what can you do?
You take what you can get.
Might have another go again one of these nights.

Hope you like.

RB
:)

Milkyway-589nm-webb.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful photo, Andrew! :cool:
You can't go wrong with a laser in the shot, especially a 589.

Hi Andrew,
Just wow !! incredible photo speechless . Thats Really a professional shot, thaousands of stars with a 589nm beam cutting through.
Excelent as always buddy keep them coming and nice to hear and see you pop in once in a while .

Rich:)

Yellow laser light shooting towards the center of the galaxy, two beautiful things together.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful image Andrew.
That looks as if it could of been taken by a university with a lgs. Excellent quality. :)

This might be of interest for you since you like mellow-yellow, but needs a high energy short pulse laser to work, i.e. ND:YAG with a LBO crystal in front of it to double 1064 nm to 532.

I had been away yesterday, so I didn't see this until now, Andrew. Great shot of our galaxy and who doesn't love yellow lasers? Thanks. It brightened my day.

Eugh. This is my dream laser pointer, for the whole Adaptive Optics dye lasers they use at observatories.

Very cool OP. Super, super jealous.

How many mw?

My next pointer is going to be a 589nm, when I get a tax return back, I think.

Had a spare few minutes last night and it was fairly clear outside so I fired up the 589.
Kept it to the bare min so put the camera on my ute roof (pickup truck) facing straight up and fired the 589.
Only got about a minute's worth of exposure because, sure enough, high cloud appeared from nowhere and the camera lens fogged up pretty quick.
LOL, what can you do?
You take what you can get.
Might have another go again one of these nights.

Hope you like.

RB
:)

View attachment 65634
I always enjoy your Astrolaser shots!

irish303

I hope will been seen more your pics at the next threads!
So cool! :)

Sorry for the ignorant question on the subject,
But how does a 2W diode (I think 445nm) to be violet?
So isn't it 2W? will it be 1W / 1.5W? those that are violet ... or am I wrong? :rolleyes: