Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

trinh hong phuoc: The crystal production for these lasers has had many setbacks. The only working modules anyone has gotten was the very first batch of maybe a dozen lasers. Given the previous delays there is no reason to believe they will find a working crystal design in the foreseeable future. We just have to wait.

Although, it might not be a bad idea to consider a group buy if they ever do get them working. Might save a little on shipping?

Yes, it has been a really long wait for these to become available again. After I got the one I reviewed in this thread only a couple or three more were sold and they have yet to start selling any more. I am also waiting on a new batch of these lasers. I am very grateful I got a very stable one that can be pumped much harder than it was when I received it. No degradation on mine at all.

My first impression of the pic in post #1 with the reflections in the lens was a reflection off the sensor. I want to guess a CMOS because there are no lines, CCD tends to overload with vertical pink lines, though the dots are pink. I also have to assume it's a big & low resolution camera, or an extremely powerful magnification effect going on

It was taken with a Canon 20 Mpixel digital camera with both analog and digital magnification, but was not in telephoto mode when the photo was taken. It was a chance photo when the laser at a sharp angle to the lens happened to hit the edge of the lens at the moment that I took the photo. I immediately recognized it as a diffraction artifact so I included it to see if anyone happened to catch it too.

The pattern is actually white. The little pink you see to the left is off the red display of the CC/CV power supply I was using to power the driver with.

Last edited:
So yes, big sensor, and CMOS. Cool I was right. It's fun figuring stuff out

I was very surprised by the diffraction artifact in that photo. It was a one in a thousand chance that caused it to occur and I wanted someone else to notice it too. That is why there is nothing said about it in the OP.

kecked

To those who want to order new ones....get in line. No line jumpers please.