Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

Have no good feeling at all. Excuse follows on excuse. Some of us are waiting for months now. :tired:

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything else since my email from Freeman on 7/8/18. It has been a long time since any new lasers have gone out. I guess it is up to everyone who has money out for some of these to decide what to do next. I don't have money out there waiting, so I won't try to prognosticate on this issue.

When the first lot appeared they were called "Samples".

What's going on now sounds like someone is trying to grow another crystal but it's failing. I suspect their was only one crystal grown and it's been used up. Might take a while before someone can grow another crystal. It sounds like it's a bit hit n miss.

Last edited:
Yes, getting good crystals has been the issue that Freeman says is the holdup so far on these. I don't know how many crystals they had to begin with, but it would seem that getting more has led to a bottle neck in delivery of the next batch of lasers. I am just waiting, now, to hear from Freeman as he said he would contact me once these were available again.

The Aussie's still selling them. Either he got a huge lot back in the day or the Chinese are still selling them to distributors.

He is likely trying to get rid of the many he had back when this was first made available to us. I never bought from him as he is asking far too much for the same item with the pump power just increased on it. I guess I could eventually do the same thing he is doing and buy a few dozen of these lasers and modify them slightly and sell them for more than twice what I paid for them. But, it seems like too much of a hassle to me and I would rather give good information about where people can buy these for the least amount of money.

kecked

I wonder if we can use one of the good crystals as a seed to grow out more.

Only if you know its composition and have the hardware necessary to grow these types of crystals. It is more like growing rubies and sapphires.

It seems odd, well maybe not for the Chinese, that if these are not available now, why are they still listed for sale?

https://optlaser.en.alibaba.com/search/product?SearchText=575nm

Doesn't say currently out of stock or anything like that. Just 1000+ per day, 7-10 day lead time.

I consider myself lucky then. I have 2 of the 565, but, I am on the wait list for the 575.
Just wondering how many members acutually have these unit from Opt? Going through this thread, it only looks like a handfull of us have them.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, you're one of the few who got in early, I waited too long and I'm not holding out much hope for any more of either the 565nm or 575nm ones. :(

Yeah I should have sprung for a 565nm one too. At the time it didn't seem as urgent, but hindsight is 20/20. I only wanted the pure yellow one when I ordered mine and it showed up in less than 4 days. I ordered some more drivers as I put a heat sink too close to an electrolytic cap and couldn't get it off. Those showed up in one day. Unbelievable. But, it looks like these are not going to happen again anytime soon. My hope is one day I'll get an email from Freeman telling me I can order as many as I like.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It looks like it worked out pretty good in the end, Chris, you ended up with both wavelengths! :yh:

Edit: I hope you're right, Paul!

Last edited:
Bet you over paid for them too. I still won't buy from that Aussie even if he is the only outlet for them now.

The Aussie's still selling them. Either he got a huge lot back in the day or the Chinese are still selling them to distributors.

It depends weather you believe what he says or not.

He said he did not get them from Opt Lasers. He had another source. But would not say who. Their was a European name thrown around for a while on PL.

Well, these drivers are definitely Chinese in origin. If he really got them from Europe they had a very circuitous journey to end up in Australia. I tend to believe they all come from China and any theories about a European distributor are just hyperbole. I also believe he has just pot modded these drivers without even putting heat sinks on the output transistor. If you are really concerned, Chris, you can turn the pot CW to reduce the pump current and return them to their original positions.

Last edited: