Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

574nm 36 mW Yellow Laser

I bought this laser from Shenzhen OPTlaser Technologies for $30.00 which included the driver. This laser is a pure lemon yellow color, but because of the way the RGB pixels in the cameras make yellow out of red and green, they all come out looking green. It didn't matter what camera I used either. I'm not going to edit these to try to make them look like they should. That is just too much work. :crackup:

Here is a photo of the laser head and the driver. The heat sinks you see on the driver were not there originally. I put them there as these were the driver output transistor and its driver IC.
biPO97ll.jpg

This is a close up of the head. It has a fan on it and because this device pulls 6 watts, it is likely necessary. But, I couldn't feel any heat coming from the module inside.
L0XJeJMl.jpg

Here is a beam shot. It is not even close to the actual color, but it is what all my cameras do when I try to show this color.
5aQI3f5l.jpg

This is the dot at about 18 feet. It is much smaller than the photo, but that is normal for a camera.
FLwmtncl.jpg

Here is a beam shot where most of the surroundings are out of focus. I thought it was unusual.
UwablCfl.jpg

Another beam shot.
acZ2nj8l.jpg

This is a reflected beam shot that caught part of the camera lens.
1Tk7kMPl.jpg

And lastly a couple more beam shots.
dL6syR9l.jpg

kgpVnMKl.jpg

Thanks for having a look. Mine measured 36 mW after I increased the pump diode current a little by turning the multi-turn pot CCW. It remained rock steady at 573.9nm from cold and for a full ten minutes. It never hopped, slid or moved at all during that time. If you are interested in one of these, the email address for the company is:fb@optlaser.com. Shipping is by DHL Express and costs $35.00. But, I got my laser from mainland China in less than 4 days. :yh:

Thank you Paul, that is a nice looking beam, so strange the camera can't get it right with that wavelength of yellow. Looking forward to receiving mine!

Gazen

Thanks for the review, these new yellows are sure interesting.

Could you post a link to where you got it? I tried looking up 575s on optlasers and got nothing.

Edit: Nvm, I’m blind

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, these new yellows are sure interesting.

Could you post a link to where you got it? I tried looking up 575s on optlasers and got nothing.

The information is in the last paragraph of the OP. :beer:

very nice laser for the price indeed,i haven't bought mine yet as its asking 57$ for shipping to Greece while i was looking for something cheaper for shipping

Did anyone else spot that weird refraction pattern of IR in that picture?

I did. It was main reason for including it. I was hoping someone else would mention it.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the kind words.

Last edited:
I wouldn't necessarily call it an IR interference pattern, but it is exactly that. An interference pattern. I spotted it right off. I figured somebody else would mention it eventually.

Edit: Thanks, josh. I love it. It is my new favorite wavelength.

Last edited:

Encap

Nice overall look/see of the very affordable $30 574nm hobbyist type laser from
Shenzhen Optlaser Technologies Co., Ltd., http://www.optlaser.com, paul1598419 :gj:

Excellent photo and text initial mini-overview :beer:

+rep when possible

Last edited: