Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

DTR

If there is still thought this might actually be 561nm I see in some info on the 450nm pump for 575nm there is a comparison chart showing 885nm as a pump source for 561nm.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I measured 976nm as the pump diode There is a second weaker line as well and some background crude out beyond 1100nm.

Excellent, thanks kecked. 976nm is perfect as the pump diode. I’m on my phone atm, but I’ll share my findings tomorrow.

DTR

Nah the 575 is definitely IR pumped. I'll share a pic of the pink glow my camera picks up

Oh yea was not saying those 575nm units were pumped via 450nm. I saw the forward of the diode was measured @ like 1.5V so those are IR diodes for sure. The comparison chart I was showing is from a document I was linked to showing the new very efficient method for making yellow 575nm/583nm lasers using 450nm/447nm as the pump source.

Actually I am thinking the recent drop of these units at unprecedented prices might just be those that hold large stock of either these modules or components to build them seeing which way the wind is blowing are clearing out their stock while they are still in demand.

It have heard with the high power blues over 500mW 575nm has been achieved. In the article from late last year they were using 1.5W pump and got 110mW out.

Here is the overview statment of the arcitcle.
"We report an end pumped single transverse-mode (TEM 00 ) yellow laser based on Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4 crystal. The
pump light is InGaN blue laser diode at 450 nm with the maximum power of 1.5 W. A 3 cm length Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4
crystal served as the gain medium. By way of the square filter, we discuss the TEM 00 properties. In continuous-
wave operation and single transverse-mode, a maximum output power of 0.110 W and a slope efficiency of
13.0% are achieved at an emission wavelength of 575 nm."

Check out this teaser image I was given with a freshly grown crystal before it is cut into thousands of pieces with a NUBM44 shining though it..:eg:
f0Tjgk.jpg

:drool:

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks kecked. 976nm is perfect as the pump diode. I’m on my phone atm, but I’ll share my findings tomorrow.

Looking forward.

Oh yea was not saying those 575nm units were pumped via 450nm. I saw the forward of the diode was measured @ like 1.5V so those are IR diodes for sure. The comparison chart I was showing is from a document I was linked to showing the new very efficient method for making yellow 575nm/583nm lasers using 450nm/447nm as the pump source.

Actually I am thinking the recent drop of these units at unprecedented prices might just be those that hold large stock of either these modules or components to build them seeing which way the wind is blowing are clearing out their stock while they are still in demand.

It have heard with the high power blues over 500mW 575nm has been achieved.
I'd like one of those because of the TEMoo beam. What's the blue wavelength? Did you mean 475 nm?

DTR

Looking forward.

I'd like one of those because of the TEMoo beam. What's the blue wavelength? Did you mean 475 nm?

450nm with the Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4 crystal to make 575nm 13% slope efficiency and 447nm with the Dy:YAG crystal to make 583nm 12% slop efficiency.

They also put the high power blueray diodes though the Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4 to make 603nm but I don't know the slope efficiency on it and they said they had to run them more conservatively as at the point we run them it pushes the wavelength on them out of the emission conversion range for this crystal. They did like using the S06J better. Think the smaller BDR-209 starts shifting out of this range quicker.

Last edited:
450nm with the Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4 crystal to make 575nm 13% slope efficiency and 447nm with the Dy:YAG crystal to make 583nm 12% slop efficiency.

They also put the high power blueray diodes though the Dy 3+ :ZnWO 4 to make 603nm but I don't know the slope efficiency on it and they said they had to run them more conservatively as at the point we run them it pushes the wavelength on them out of the emission conversion range for this crystal. They did like using the S06J better. Think the smaller BDR-209 starts shifting out of this range quicker.

Can you provide a link to how these are constructed?

Not sure how those DTR mentioned are constructed, but I can add that the 604nm and 607nm DPSS CNI offers use the Pr: YLF and Pr:pAYAC in a Z-Fold with a 445nm pump diode. Unfortunately the Z-fold is necessary and they can't shrink the design for handhelds (i've asked over and over again)

I am intrigued by that dysprosium doped zinc tungsten oxide crystal that can be pumped with most any 445nm diode driven hard enough to increase in wavelength by 2nm. Would love to get a coated crystal to experiment with. I'm sure they are not giving those away. I wonder how difficult it is to grow the crystal. These lasers will not likely be inexpensive though. Thanks for posting this information, Jordan.

Last edited:

kecked

I’d love to see the 445nm pump made to leak with the yellow. Would make a white beam laser. What I really want is 200-210nm. Even 1mw would be enough.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I’d love to see the 445nm pump made to leak with the yellow. Would make a white beam laser. What I really want is 200-210nm. Even 1mw would be enough.

Would 200-210 nm even propagate through the air? I thought that was getting into VUV territory. :thinking:

I would expect it depends on the power of the laser to be inhibited by O2 in the air as there are 100nm to 200nm black lights that I have used in the past to fluoresce minerals back when I was a rock hound. It is ionizing radiation that can not only cause severe burns or eye damage, but can also cause melanomas.

kecked

any news on the yellow lasers from opt we ordered ohhh 6 months ago? Never heard another work and they don't reply.