Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm From LaserLandAustralia

Nexgen

I can confirm it looks like yours are not the same as the ones from Alibaba.

The first batch of 565's measured 30mw from you and 19mw from Alibaba.

EDIT: I forgot to mention from the limited data available the beam profile on yours is vastly superior. My 565nm from you has an almost perfect circular beam. One shown from Alibaba had a horrid shaped beam.

When my 575 arrives I will see what it meters out. I expect probably more than double the ones on Alibaba.

It seems like it's ok to post links to sellers but the sellers themselves can not advertise on here.

Don’t blame alibaba units as they have nice divergence and reach 30-50mw without a problem, both units are from China, they are all from the same supplier. For $30 it’s nice deal, price covers all disadvantages so calm down. And stop comparing Aussie / alibaba units. I just can’t stand those. :tsk:

The purpose of this thread is to know how this laser works, not promoting someone’s products etc.

Both are nice yellow units :angel:

Don’t blame alibaba units as they have nice divergence and reach 30-50mw without a problem, both units are from China, they are all from the same supplier. For $30 it’s nice deal, price covers all disadvantages so calm down. And stop comparing Aussie / alibaba units. I just can’t stand those. :tsk:

The purpose of this thread is to know how this laser works, not promoting someone’s products etc.

Both are nice yellow units :angel:

I was referring to the first batch of 565's. I have not seen info from the second batch yet.

I am sure the main component is from the same supplier. But they both have different assembly. I doubt for $30 you are getting a G2 lens in the Alibaba ones.

AC lasers in the UK seem to have something to do with these as well as OPT lasers.

Last edited:
Lazer2107,

It seems you have sent mine with the cheapest possible postage service you could find.

Delivery to the US was quicker than from Perth to Sydney.

I still don't have it and Aust Post says maybe next week.

The first one I bought from you was 3 days. This will be more than 9 days by the look of it.

I also don't like expensive items sent without needing a signature.

Hi Charles
I just tracked tracking. It was sent as registered post which allows you have tracking. It was shipped the same way as all your other orders ave been shipped it would most likely be the Australia Post fault, I will call them up to day to follow up and see whats going on.
For all the orders that come through internationally they are shipped with DHL express as its the most reliable and economical method. And domestic orders within Australia are shipped with Aus Post unless request for express or courier.

Hi Charles
I just tracked tracking. It was sent as registered post which allows you have tracking. It was shipped the same way as all your other orders ave been shipped it would most likely be the Australia Post fault, I will call them up to day to follow up and see whats going on.
For all the orders that come through internationally they are shipped with DHL express as its the most reliable and economical method. And domestic orders within Australia are shipped with Aus Post unless request for express or courier.

Please don't bullshit to me.

This was sent via regular parcel Post. It is shipped by road. Not by plane.

And the first shipment required a signature. I remember signing for it. I am sure it was sent E-Parcel.

I have already phoned Aus Post. It's normal for Road shipment to take a week from Perth to Sydney.

Last edited:
Please don't bullshit to me.

This was sent via regular parcel Post. It is shipped by road. Not by plane.

And the first shipment required a signature. I remember signing for it. I am sure it was sent E-Parcel.

I have already phoned Aus Post. It's normal for Road shipment to take a week from Perth to Sydney.

Hi Charles I am not trying to cheat you or give you bullshit, the parcel was shipped the exactly the same way as your ebay order for the 565 laser was shipped. If it was sent by regular parcel it would have a different tracking number (without letters) or no tracking number at all. If you look at tracking for both orders you will see they both say parcel post but they both have "eba' at the starting showing it was an ebay eparcel.

Last edited:
Not to derail this fascinating conversation, but I have taken many beam shots of my 574nm laser since yesterday and though it is pure yellow, no matter which camera I use it comes out green. Plan on posting them to a thread later today. :thanks:

Hi Charles I am not trying to cheat you or give you bullshit, the parcel was shipped the exactly the same way as your ebay order for the 565 laser was shipped. If it was sent by regular parcel it would have a different tracking number (without letters) or no tracking number at all. If you look at tracking for both orders you will see they both say parcel post but they both have "eba' at the starting showing it was an ebay eparcel.

According to Australia Post when I rang them they said this one is regular post and is shipped by Road.

It also does not require a signature.

I am not saying you are cheating me in any way. You did a good price for me with free shipping.

I am just not happy with 10 day delivery from Perth to Sydney. I would have paid more for E-Parcel. It's not much extra for Plane shipping.

Like I said if you look at tracking on both 565 and 575 laser orders you will see both tracking numbers are the same form and shipped the same way which is ebay eparcel.
565 laser order EBA00677271101008380908
575 laser order EBA00378512201008380905
It would have been the fault of australia post that is hasn't showed up or was sent by road. Once I send the order out it is out of my control for shipping times and it is up to australia post to meet the estimated delivery day. From past experiences some they don't scan the packages until its delivered and it could possibly be that the parcel has arrived in your state but still at the processing facility meaning. I have contacted australia post who are now investigating, so just waiting on their response. Hopefully its just in transit at the processing facility but not scanned and just waiting for the next delivery run which will be on the Monday. But I will keep you posted on any news i recieve from australia post.

I will know when it arrives. E-Parcel is written on the packaging.

I have seen the tracking numbers. But from what I know about Aus Post you can add a tracking nunber to regular post. It does show on the tracking site that no signature is required though.

When I talked to Aus Post they said it hasn't been scanned in Sydney yet as the truck hadn't arrived.

Last edited:
Not to derail this fascinating conversation, but I have taken many beam shots of my 574nm laser since yesterday and though it is pure yellow, no matter which camera I use it comes out green. Plan on posting them to a thread later today. :thanks:

Please, let's see them.

I didn't want to post mine of the 565 because of the green colour in a photo. It's understandable some won't believe what colour these are.

The eBay listing for these 575 nm lasers is probably suffering less interest due to the camera problem too, I'd just adjust it with photoshop, I just want to see what the beam looks like better, if I know the shade of color is off, no problem.

I can’t believe I missed this earlier. I just put my 575nm through the spectrometer and I noticed a small peak of 937nm and shifted up to 940nm as it heated.

Thank you, I've been waiting to see what wavelength they are driven with.

My USB2000 is calibrated to stop at 850nm, so I would have never seen this with mine. I'm hoping I can align one of the B&W TEK ones to read IR. Would want it to go to at least 1100nm. If you are only seeing a small peak at 937nm and 940nm, that would indicate these don't leak much IR at all. I didn't notice an IR filter in any of the tear downs, so I wonder if it is just absorbed to a large extent. Maybe there is a filter in there and we just haven't seen it yet.

I rather doubt that. It takes what appears to be a 940nm IR diode putting out over 1 watt of optical power and the drivers get quite hot. Zraffleticket bought one from Australia that only runs for 1 minute before it goes into thermal shut down. I think these are unusual and might not take off at all at the prices we have seen lately.