Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

565nm DPSS labby

Benm

The problem with ordering these things off ebay is that you'll often get something that is totally different from the description. You could have a listing that says '565 nm' and just get some crusty old 532 nm laser.

If you complain about it you will probably get a refund without a problem, but you never get what you're actually want to buy either.

From the vendors standpoint this could just be profitable as long as the clients aren't well informed - they do get a working green laser pointer of sorts after all. The people that get them specifically for the rare wavelength will complain and just get a refund - which isn't really a problem for a vendor if that's only 5% of customers.

Also if you get a full refund you cannot leave negative feedback describing what's actually going on since the transaction has been 'undone', even if the vendor doesn't even want the product returned.

I ordered three 575 nm modules from Freeman but he's out of stock for over a month, only has one 575 nm and one 565 nm remaining, just to get him to send me something I asked him to send me those.

Last edited:
Oh, I just responded to you over on PL. Now that I know it's you, I will be able to answer your remarks better. Did you give him your phone number yet? DHL requires it for shipment. Mine is still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

No, I told him he has to send regular mail, that DHL cannot deliver to me on the military base, he agreed.

Last edited:
I get that. Your luck has been awful lately. I guess because you have to sign for DHL packages that you can't receive them there.

Hello All,

Hmmm...I NOW have an interest in this 565nm DPSS unit !! Are the units anyone has received STILL stable ??

What color do they put out....See the attached link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_(color)#Lemon_Lime

Is the output color close to Electric Lime ??????? Some other color ???

36mW is lame.....but it remains of interest to me....Anyone want to sell theirs ??? Yikes....That color looks like....er….ah...." Cat Piss " per Red Cowboy....just plain ugly !! hahahaha !!! Ya...ya...tis an ugly color....so...you wanna sell it ???

Thanx,
CDBEAM !!!!

Hello All,

Hmmm...I NOW have an interest in this 565nm DPSS unit !! Are the units anyone has received STILL stable ??

What color do they put out....See the attached link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lime_(color)#Lemon_Lime

Is the output color close to Electric Lime ??????? Some other color ???

36mW is lame.....but it remains of interest to me....Anyone want to sell theirs ??? Yikes....That color looks like....er….ah...." Cat Piss " per Red Cowboy....just plain ugly !! hahahaha !!! Ya...ya...tis an ugly color....so...you wanna sell it ???

Thanx,
CDBEAM !!!!
The color has whatever name you like. Typically the color is called chartreuse-yellow because it's closer to true yellow
Chartreuse is an equal mix of green and yellow light and chartreuse-green is well obvious.

I always thought of 565nm a more yellow with a bit of green in it. My 574nm laser looks pure yellow to me and is very stable. I had it on for 20 minutes just a few days ago. But, I never got a 565nm laser, so I can't sell you one, Bob. Good luck.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Would you agree with this representation of 575nm?

1542484179593.png

1542484194279.png
(ZRaffleticket)

That looks close, Curtis. I think it is a bit brighter yellow with less green in it. It looks like a pure yellow to me. No red and no green in it at all.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ok, thanks Paul. :) Maybe I will have to look into making my own calculator in the future. As what we perceive in real life sometimes differs to what the calculator shows.

Thanx Gentlemen....I am just trying to verify what my eye sez...looking at the above pics....that 565nm is exactly or close to the colour I am trying to deliver with the …" Electric Limelight "...formerly known as the "Chartreuse Corisication".......formerly known as " Prince " hahahahaha.

The colour I am after....is the " Electric Lime "....AKA...."Chartreuse Yellow"....The name is not relevant.....the desired colour is important !!

I have not heard if the 565nm DPSS are stable ???? Maybe I missed the thread !! ?? If they are...I would still like to get one....someday !!! I believe that a new batch of 575nm was made........and they dropped from 36mW...to 9mW...in short order. Wonder why ??? If it is a driver issue...that can be solved.....if it is a crystal degradation issue....that may be a permanent problem !!!

So...again...anyone wanna sell one of their 565nm units ???? Ya know...... it IS an UGLY COLOUR !!!!:sneaky::sneaky:

CDBEAM

Hi,
I installed mine in a hand held , Dont mind the color of the host but the beam is YELLOW no doubt .
Rich:)fullsizeoutput_90b.jpegfullsizeoutput_904.jpeg

Interesting, Rich. What current did you set the pump driver to? It should take 2 amps easily, but that was in the lab host with a fan. Can't say how well the heat is managed in a handheld unit.