Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm with greatest distance

What kind of laser will i be looking for here? Good beam divergence? High power output? I am after something with a VERY long range.

I am currently looking at the PL-E 532nm 700mw

ARG

What kind of distance are you looking at? You may want to consider a beam expander. It decreases the divergence and increases the beam diameter; they are great for long distance pointing.

Edit: Yes, the JetLasers PL-E 532nm 700mW should be good for long range pointing.

Last edited:
All you will see is a beam ending @ some point cause your eyes can't make any difference anymore , beam divergence doesn't really matter your eyes ( brain) will cheat on you somehow :)

All you will see is a beam ending @ some point cause your eyes can't make any difference anymore , beam divergence doesn't really matter your eyes ( brain) will cheat on you somehow :)

Though there could be an application when a small spot is needed at a far far distance.
The beam divergence will be the main thing defining the spot size. However, the laser power will define if the beam is detectable.

:lasergun:

Wanna have a good clean dot @ 5 mile ? then you really need a gas laser or 1 with 0.1 mRad lol or less

Last edited:

If it's just for fun to "see the dot", then 40km is not an issue with a good pair of 25 x 100 binos, or say a 6" refractor telescope. It's not really feasible beyond that as there is usually some haze and particles in the air, even on the clearest days you can't get much past 50km. 20km is considered very good in my country. :D

If you point at the moon then it's a different matter, the haze sticks to the ground for just about 500m - 1000m and above that it pretty clear air, and at the 10km point you'd have just 10% of the air left and extremely low humidity.

For better divergence I would recommend you a RPL or a CNI-PGL-III-C with a 30x (or 40x) beam expander

Optotronics RPL Portable Green Lasers
Have one, amazing low divergence compared to the other high powered 532nm lasers I had

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-III_-C_-532.pdf
Can get you this one in a 1.1W version

But the Jetlaser 700mW is for sure a great laser.

It all depends on the $$$$ you´re able/willing to pay.

Im still faced with the problem of getting these goods through customs. I dont want to spend $1000+ and get it confiscated.

Blord

If you want good divergence, I suggest you buy a high-power single-mode red laser. They have already a thick exit beam and the divergence is much better than a standard green laser.
Of course it will be not so bright as a green laser.