Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm over the Ocean!

Well my camera sizws them at 800x600 automatically so that's a perfect size thus I never resize unless I change the setting or rotate the camera so its 600x800. 800 wide is too wide IMO

Oh, and by the way, my upcoming review on the 532nm is going to include 2 videos from the day at the ocean as well. I no longer have my friend in town so I can't record a video of lighting matches, sadly. :/

I should be ready to write the review later this evening. I'll spend the morning editing and uploading the videos and images.

I just looked at one of mine on photobucket and it says 1024 X 768!

That's a good point, why take such low res pics? I'm not even sure my camera is capable of 600X800

Maybe 7 years ago they shrunk them automatically? Maybe that's why my bucket is 47% full already...

Last edited:
Bruce, that's what they upload to photobucket at. I have to check the actual settings but I know that's the upload size. I also don't have a dslr, just a point and shoot 14mp

Okay. So I've had my coffee and breakfast, and feel much better re-reading everything. I see now that I really should've waited 'til I had access to an image hosting site before starting a thread for the images, so I'm gonna go guess my password or make a new email for photobucket, upload them there, then embed them all like I do with my reviews. :beer:

And I never resize my images either. Hopefully that's not going to become too huge of an issue. :thinking:

Cody,

Have a snickers. :crackup:

ss.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

Cody,

Have a snickers. :crackup:

Couldn't help myself.

LMFAO. :crackup:

Priceless.

So. I was looking at the 3 videos my friend sent me. In one of them, I thought he was trying to light a white match... it wasn't a match... it was. Well. A 'rolled up piece of paper, filled with a green plant'... Best to keep that vid out of my review? xD

I just got my DSLR three weeks ago. All of the other shots I have posted were taken with a Canon Powershot SX40 at 12MP. I always resized them for the forum. I post all of my pics to my Flickr account at 1200 x 900. And I put all of my pics on my Ipad at 1200 x 900 and the best 60% of each photoshoot I do at 4000 x 3000 (or higher with the Nikon D52000) also on my Ipad. The full res pics look incredible with the retina display.

I just got my DSLR three weeks ago. All of the other shots I have posted were taken with a Canon Powershot SX40 at 12MP. I always resized them for the forum. I post all of my pics to my Flickr account at 1200 x 900. And I put all of my pics on my Ipad at 1200 x 900 and the best 60% of each photoshoot I do at 4000 x 3000 (or higher with the Nikon D52000) also on my Ipad. The full res pics look incredible with the retina display.

Oh, hey, I forgot to message you asking this, but ---

Where do you purchase the mirrors you use for your images? I was told there are mirrors that reflect 100% rather than 75% or something along those lines. And if I could find little mirrors just for the use of beam reflection, that I could place around the house to set up some 'trick shots', that'd be awesome. I don't really want to set up a big wall mirror just to bounce the beam. I'd rather have a bunch of small portable ones. :beer:

Bruce, I may send you a PM about cameras soon. I like the convenience of my Sony TX-9 and it does a pretty good job of capturing life's moments. But my girlfriend has expressed interest in photography. I want to get her a nice camera but I'm not sure what to look for in a DSLR.

Does the program you use resize pictures both ways?

Hey Cody,
I use regular mirrors for all of my photography. Do you have a Harmons Health and Beauty near your house? They have nice swivel mirrors about 3" diameter for 10 dollars a piece. Do they reflect 100%, no but they do the job for me. They have other sized mirrors too. I have a load of them. I am sure if you go to Google and put in make up mirrors you will find what you need. I also paid a glass shop to make me a 3" x 24" mirror that is awesome and I use all of the time.

daguin

OK, gentlemen -- Let's take a step back and focus on the content

Peace,
dave

gismo

Quite cool scenery pictures with the Skylaser beam of 300mW green goodness:beer:. I'm sure you must be excited to own a laser like that, using it for photography is a good way to go. Keep shooting, man!

Quite cool scenery pictures with the Skylaser beam of 300mW green goodness:beer:. I'm sure you must be excited to own a laser like that, using it for photography is a good way to go. Keep shooting, man!

Thanks. :beer: :thanks:

I really do enjoy laser photography since I live in such an incredible place as far as scenery. This beach is a 5 minute walk from my house, and it's only 1 of MANY incredible places to take photos. My only problem is that I don't have the proper equipment for anything.

I don't own a camera other than my phone's terrible one. I also can't record videos. So until I get better equipment, my photography is pretty limited. :/

A note to those waiting for my review:
My review is going to include 5 - 10 more pictures, as well as 2 videos. One of it at the beach, one of it lighting matches and possibly cutting tape.

The ONLY thing I'm waiting on now, is for my friend to record the burning video for me. Then I have everything I need to put the review together. :beer:

I do all my photo editing in MS Paint. All I do is crop the image to remove unwanted items and generally get the subject(s) located properly, i.e. conforming to the "rule of thirds" and whatnot. I make sure to keep the final aspect ratio at 4:3, then I resize to 800x600. This seems to make for neatly composed images.

Cropping the image also means that more detail remains after the resizing, since the reduction factor will be less.