Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm handheld sellers

prolex

Hello, it's been a while since I last visited this forum 😅

What I'm looking for:

-500+ mW
-532nm DPSS
-low beam divergence
-quality host with a good thermal solution

I've done quite a bit of research, and it seems that many popular sellers from back in the days have closed shop.
JetLasers still seems to be a thing, but they're out of stock on the 532s, and don't seem to offer the more powerful options anymore.

Is there any seller providing what I'm looking for?

If not, I have one spare host for a 25mm heatsink module.
I've considered the Nichia NDG7H75E diode if I have to go this route. What are your thoughts on that? Seems to be a somewhat new diode.

Cheers.

If you have the budget, Laserglow still does business. For 500 mW you will have to look to their gigantic Hercules series.
The 532 nm diode is nice. I'm currently working on a beam correction module for one of these diodes but it will be a little while before I will have time to finish and report.
The diode will not come close to the beam quality of DPSS, however.

You can get a direct diode 520 nm laser that at least comes close to 2 watts. It's true that the DPSS lasers have better beam quality, but if you aren't that concerned a direct diode is not a bad choice. The divergence isn't anywhere as bad as the high power blues or even the 1 watt reds.

prolex

If you have the budget, Laserglow still does business. For 500 mW you will have to look to their gigantic Hercules series.
The 532 nm diode is nice. I'm currently working on a beam correction module for one of these diodes but it will be a little while before I will have time to finish and report.
The diode will not come close to the beam quality of DPSS, however.

Yeah, I've been looking at the hercules but considering I'm from Finland and Laserglow is from Canada, our customs will most likely seize it.
Preferably I'd order from inside Europe. Also, will be interesting to see what results you get with the beam correction module. Good luck.

You can get a direct diode 520 nm laser that at least comes close to 2 watts. It's true that the DPSS lasers have better beam quality, but if you aren't that concerned a direct diode is not a bad choice. The divergence isn't anywhere as bad as the high power blues or even the 1 watt reds.

I'm aware but I'm looking for 532nm DPSS specifically.
I don't like the color of the 520nm wavelength at all anyway 🤷‍♂️

I thought LaserGlow discontinued their Hercules/Aries laser pointers?

EDIT: Just checked, because I'm in the US I can't see the Herc/Aries, but if I google it I can navigate to the page where they have a disclaimer stating its not available for the US market. I would love to have one of each of those

Encap

PS Jetlasers will/can make you a laser more powerful than they show/offer on the web site at the present time, which is geared now to lower cost products because of today's market environment , if you ask.
Email Gray at jetlasers@gmail.com put "Attn: Gray" in subject line and ask for a quote on what you want within a range of 200mW to 1000mW.

prolex

PS Jetlasers will/can make you a laser more powerful than they show/offer on the web site at the present time, which is geared now to lower cost products because of today's market environment , if you ask.
Email Gray at jetlasers@gmail.com put "Attn: Gray" in subject line and ask for a quote on what you want within a range of 200mW to 1000mW.
Oh, thanks for the info. I've contacted Gray through email. (y)

EDIT:

@Encap Got a reply from Gray at JetLasers.

Unfortunately, they're currently out of the required crystals for the higher powered ones.
They're trying to source them so maybe it will be possible in the future.

Last edited:

Borislav@87

These exceed the NUGM06's 2W output

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240113_193704_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415050725460624.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193704_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415050725460624.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240113_193652_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415064270312705.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193652_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415064270312705.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240113_193659_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415057835180936.jpg
    Screenshot_20240113_193659_com.android.gallery3d_edit_415057835180936.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 24

prolex

I personally haven't found many options.

There's the hercules from LaserGlow and some 1000 mW one from HighLasers.
Don't even know if the latter one is legit in terms of power output. The host looks familiar though. Reseller maybe?

I'll keep looking.

PS. I also consider a module alone an option with or without a driver presoldered.

Last edited:

prolex

Purchasing any ready product in this case is pretty much out of the table.
Maybe JetLasers will cook up something in the future. 🤷‍♂️ Feel free to post if you find anything.

How about buying a module from CNI and a housing from Lifetime17

Hey, that's a solid suggestion! Thanks (y) I didn't even consider checking out CNI for whatever reason 🤦‍♂️

Encap

Contact this seller. Makes good lasers. There are also other

If you read the thread, the OP wants only a high power 532nm green laser.

The OP already has said same in post #4

Last edited:

prolex

I'm in need of a host and driver for the CNI PGL-H1-532-800mW module.

cnilaser.com/PDF/PGL-H1.pdf

I've been in contact with CNI, and they said that the module's shell temperature needs to be kept at 25℃ strictly.
Is this even possible without active cooling i.e. using a heatsink alone? (I'm clueless in this regard)

I'll need to get a driver for it as well.

Specifications for the module according to CNI:
Power supply: 3V DC PCB
Maximum operating current: 3A
Power consumption: 18W

Host requirements:
-Adequate cooling (important)
-Focusing system
-Possibility to attach a beam expander
-Tailcap switch or key lock at the tailcap and a normal button on the body
-Black color

I prefer host styles similar to the LaserGlow hercules and JetLasers PLE-PRO series.
I'm a functionality over looks type of guy though, so if this kind of host isn't enough for the cooling requirements, what is?

Someone already suggested to contact @Lifetime17 but he seems to be extremely busy or inactive.
Anyone else who can provide what I'm looking for? The host needs to be high quality for such an expensive module.

You can PM me for more details if you think you can provide what I'm looking for.

Posted this here instead of the sales section due to having less than 20 posts and I'm not a fan of spamming.
A mod can feel free to move this if required.

How much was the module? I’ve been thinking about asking them for that exact module.