Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm GREEN!

USAbro

Last night I took some pretty pictures with a 532nm 30mw with long time exposure!:crackup:
Green is just so pretty.
And a bonus picture of my plane flying over a mall :):drool:
Edit: 1784' altitude
:yh::yh:

Attachments

• 102_7650.JPG
    102_7650.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 102_7661.JPG
    102_7661.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 102_7653.JPG
    102_7653.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Lakeforest mall.jpg
    Lakeforest mall.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 102_7655.JPG
    102_7655.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

interesting pics!!
Hint
drag the picture into your text window.. then add

then it puts the pic into your text.. and bigger. I couldnt see the pics on my phone.

How high was that model plane?

That's what I was just going to ask. What's the range on that thing, there's also some legal limit on altitude isn't there? So it's not a navigational hazard to aircraft.

Alan

USAbro

Altitude of that frame 1784' but I've reached as high as 2750'. The range is further than it is possible to see, 5500' approx. At 2750' it looks about the same size as a jet airliner.

Top speed is 65mph.

For anyone interested I'm using the Hobbyking altimeter and a friend spotting with binoculars.

Last edited:
post a picture of that plane please. And what takes pictures from the plane?

That's pretty cool USA! I started doing more & more long shot pictures after seeing the amazing things you can do with it. I encourage you to take more pictures & show us your skills! :)

+rep

-Alex

Can you mount a gopro on these usabro? My friend has a drone with one and the footage is awesome.

USAbro

Can you mount a gopro on these usabro? My friend has a drone with one and the footage is awesome.
Yeah you can. People do it all the time. This guy did at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ZaoOFxaxg
He is using the older version of the plane, but the only difference really is decals and it doesn't have the SAFE technology receiver plus a few other things, but size and weight are about equal.:)

I mounted this Midland sport camera by using a side helmet mount taped in place with packing tape. And with a plane that size it doesn't affect flight performance in any noticeable way.
:thanks:

That's what I was just going to ask. What's the range on that thing, there's also some legal limit on altitude isn't there? So it's not a navigational hazard to aircraft.

Alan

There are about a dozen laws that the FAA uses. The 1st rc needs to be under 400 feet to be legal. If he is flying that thing over and he gets caught he is going to get NAILED! 400 under under is just what they like the FAA that is. Any higher your in the VFR or regular traffic cordon. If he is any were with in 4 miles of a commercial or civilian field he is breaking the law. Its not safe to fly rc aircraft that high. I have mentioned it to him one other time that he needs to be below 400 ft but what you going to do. http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf, http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1697-new-faa-regulations-for-uavsrc/ this also applies to drones of any type. helos,quads, ect

Last edited:

USAbro

There are about a dozen laws that the FAA uses. The 1st rc needs to be under 400 feet to be legal. If he is flying that thing over and he gets caught he is going to get NAILED! 400 under under is just what they like the FAA that is. Any higher your in the VFR or regular traffic cordon. If he is any were with in 4 miles of a commercial or civilian field he is breaking the law. Its not safe to fly rc aircraft that high. I have mentioned it to him one other time that he needs to be below 400 ft but what you going to do. http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf, New FAA Regulations for UAVs/RC - R/C Telemetry, FPV, RPV, and UAV Projects - RC-CAM Forum this also applies to drones of any type. helos,quads, ect
I'm flying as high as 2750' everyone does it. And I thought the 400' was a AMA rule?

A guy by the name of Jimmy on that forum said this.

"I sincerely doubt there will be any active policing of the 400' policy unless there was a high profile incident that would bring un-needed attention to the hobby. I enjoy flying sailplanes and we usually come off the launch at more than 400' on a good day! Let's all keep our fingers crossed."

Last edited:
If every one was going to jump off a cliff would you follow? Just because IDIOTS fly over the 400 ft mark does not mean you should. In your own picture your flying that thing over a populated area. Also against FAA policy. Read the actual law. The only place were its ok and its still against the law is rural areas. All Model aircraft have to follow the same regulations as manned aircraft. They only thing is you can not do it for profit unless your cleared by the FAA. The new rulings on rc aircraft of any type was amended in 2012. I also can guarantee that your with in the 4 mile of a field. Does not matter if it is Civilian or Commercial. Also you stated that you have your friends watching by a set of Bino's also illegal. The rule is the operator has to have line of sight of the aircraft at all times. you can not have other people do it for you. and you can not have any visual aids helping you other than glasses. And for every infraction of that law you can be penalized for! fines are stiff when dealing with that. Read the actual regulations. I did because i have a quad and I want to make sure I am with in the law.

USAbro

If every one was going to jump off a cliff would you follow? Just because IDIOTS fly over the 400 ft mark does not mean you should. In your own picture your flying that thing over a populated area. Also against FAA policy. Read the actual law. The only place were its ok and its still against the law is rural areas. All Model aircraft have to follow the same regulations as manned aircraft. They only thing is you can not do it for profit unless your cleared by the FAA. The new rulings on rc aircraft of any type was amended in 2012. I also can guarantee that your with in the 4 mile of a field. Does not matter if it is Civilian or Commercial. Also you stated that you have your friends watching by a set of Bino's also illegal. The rule is the operator has to have line of sight of the aircraft at all times. you can not have other people do it for you. and you can not have any visual aids helping you other than glasses. And for every infraction of that law you can be penalized for! fines are stiff when dealing with that. Read the actual regulations. I did because i have a quad and I want to make sure I am with in the law.
He just spots in just in case. Yes there is a small airpark about 7000' away from my field. But they hardly fly there however one a helicopter flew very close to my plane. I've owned 5 planes 2 helis and a quad.
What did you mean by you can guarantee I'm within 4 miles of a field and how can you be so sure without me saying so?

Last edited:
You live in a obvious large metro area and most large metro areas have at least one airfield. either civilian or commercial standard logic dictates that