Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

520 nm vs 532 nm laser who is better ?

Ainus

I found this photo tf2 meme and I think this is best profile pic was ever created

Hi Ainus,
Don't take it to heart your not the only one that we crack on really. You should see some other posts of others, yours is really lenient .
Glad to have you as member , you have to admit it was funny though doesn't hurt to laugh. You'll get your chance to crack on someone too.
Rich:)

I've had that question for a long time, ever since he first joined. My first member name here was Wadsworth, from a reason I don't understand, maybe just the first questions I had about high power IR, that was thought to be a troll right from the start when it was just the name of a city I was living in and my questions although naive, were sincere.

Ainus

Dot size in 15km = 30m

Dot size in 25km = 50m
I think its visible enough

The divergence of a 700-1000 mw green laser diode using a 6 mm lens is approximately 2.6 mRad, that will spread fast, using the figures I choose shows about almost 40 meter diameter beam after 15km, but the calculator I used does not take into account both the fast and slow axis, there are actually two different divergence figures due to this.

Put a 10X beam expander on the laser and you can divide these numbers by ten, but it really doesn't matter what the figures are, if it does what you want. I am not completely sure what the divergence will be for the lens you choose, this is based on a G2 lens which does not have a long focal length and thus greater divergence than some lenses.

Last edited:
Hi,
Maybe a 3X Sanwu BE would be sufficient ?? With a 9mm x 0.5 adapter ??
Rich:)

I view the Sanwu BE as sufficient myself, then the divergence in comparison to a DPSS pointer is very good.

kecked

Make a spatial filter. That will make the beam a gauss round beam. ThAt same filter can also be the expander.

If this is a communication link their are better ways to do this.