Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

515nm Titanium Ehgemus host build

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
THE "DOUBLE TAKE"

xXXfsk1.jpg

Here is a simple and elegantly designed Ehgemus host build, which at first glance appears to be a solid titanium beauty, but upon further examination, is a solid aluminum bodied host wearing a slick looking outer sleeve of titanium tubing!

This build is basically just a plug-n-play type unit, as are many of Ehgemus's hosts; solder two wires and you're ready to lase away.

Although this was a simple build, it was nearly 6 months in the making.
I built this with one of the 515nm diodes obtained from the 515nm G.B. last year.
This diode is well traveled, after a couple of trips back and forth from Israel, and a lot of frequent flier miles, I had all but given up hope of seeing my package delivered, then one day in November it appeared ...finally time to finish the build!

Components used for this build:

• Titanium Host/Ehgemus
  • Osram 30mW 515nm Diode/Eitan -G.B.
  • 3.8mm Copper Module/DTR
  • Lazeerer Mini X-Boost Driver set at 246mA/Lazeerer
  • Panasonic 18650 NCR18650B Battery

Power output as checked on my LPM.

• G-2 = 81mW
  • G-0 = 83.7mW
  • Acrylic = 70.5mW

Finally, here are a few photos of the build, and a couple of obligatory beam shots!

LSn9msy.jpg

hQeCp9G.jpg

Seems awfully small to hold up the whole show! :D
FDUXhEJ.jpg

I placed a few plastic spacers in front of the lens to give me a little more room to grasp the focus adapter.
QvbaSgZ.jpg
umLwkyl.jpg

ukWicpm.jpg

Cm67BEy.jpg

AI1loEZ.jpg

46aQFSF.jpg

X3HUfDr.jpg

hceZQRH.jpg

That's all for folks, thank you for looking! :yh:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks ElectricPlasma, I've had this particular Ehgemus host since about July/Aug., had been waiting on the diode.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Pman

Dang you have some really nice Titanium stuff Jeff:) Those 3 bead blasted hosts came today and they make my dremeled stuff look embarrassing:)
Talk in a PM
Owe you REP for this thread
From what my monitor shows it looks like a blue tint to me. Any other 515nm to compare it too? One of mine ended up distinctly blue tinted compared to the other.
Well versed in the spacer in the focus knob thing as I've had to use it a lot.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks a lot Pete, I'm glad you received the blasted hosts. Heck, you don't owe me anything.
It does have bluer look to it, but the bluer the better right. I do have one other build of questionable wavelength that in a side by side, looks very similar to this one.
I was thinking of finding a member to check my other build to verify it's wavelength. :thinking:

Last edited:
Hi,
Sweet bowtie loving it brother, Harold is really good at machining a great host. This build you did reminds me of my 510nm build with a two tone medium pen host. Gotta love that WL color ,i never get sick of mine. Awesome pics and and build overall. +Rep if i can, well can't right now :(

Rich:)

Last edited:

Pman

Jeff has some really classy looking lasers and is quite good at beam shots. I always forget to shine mine up before pics and don't have the patience to take the greatest shots anyways. Honestly once I'm done with a build the fun is kind of over for me and the rest I do because I want others to get ideas from what I do just as I get them from you guys.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Here's a couple of more photos that show the comparison between this build at 515nm, and my 520nm S.S. build.
Sometimes I look at them and see an obvious difference, and other times, not so much!
You guys tell me what you think.

Razako, Red, Isaac, Lifetime, thank you all so much for your comments. Isaac, that's the great thing about building your own lasers; always a dot to chase! :beer:

520nm on the left, and 515nm on the right.
2e5140fa-6b26-416b-a2a7-9533ad7d2f38_zpsvofruvoo.jpg

515nm on the left, and 520nm on the right.
a6c581f1-15a5-4ede-a76c-124bc41313f1_zpsxone9f1g.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work Jeff.
Very cool looking indeed.

@ovni, LOL .... 'The Thing!' :crackup:

GSS

Oh yes Bowtie, you really have a way of setting up those laser pics its "art" for sure:beer: and not to forget, nice build:):)