Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW Waterproof Green Laser from Rayfoss - Detailed Review

Ok.. I fixed the problem.. it was just misaligned by about 1-2mm

put it in a vice and gave it a bit of force and got it centered pretty good... now it looks really nice and clean..

Thank you for your help -Adrian

Ash

Just tried one of these this weekend for a host.
The second unit I used a LOC w/Aixiz and Lava V4... I made a mod involving a trimmed rubber grommet and the lens cap put it together and wham!!... fully
adjustable red burner. Fun little unit.

I'll post pics soon. Jander
Wait, are you saying that you snugly fit an aixiz module with lava into a rayfoss host?
Have you posted pics yet?

hmmm rayfoss host can only get into water at maximum of 9.5 Meters i will post a video test. with a 2 cheap modules... that i had as an experiment.. 1 module died after 2 minutes of being underwater at 10 meters

the other survived at 9.5 meters...

but if i will place my new ADDON for the host lock of rayfoss..

it can go exactly 100meters deep, tested at sea level.

Ash

hmmm rayfoss host can only get into water at maximum of 9.5 Meters i will post a video test. with a 2 cheap modules... that i had as an experiment.. 1 module died after 2 minutes of being underwater at 10 meters

the other survived at 9.5 meters...

but if i will place my new ADDON for the host lock of rayfoss..

it can go exactly 100meters deep, tested at sea level.
Where are the videos?
What does the 100meter depth add-on look like?
:yh:

Where are the videos?
What does the 100meter depth add-on look like?
:yh:

i will post.. the video is in Raw format it is like 400mb.. im still converting and editing it.. removing some un related stuffs we did. hehehe

---

about the add on its a support waterproofing add on to be put inside the host. its like an add on lock and waterproofing at the same time to support the module making it more waterproof.

I put in freshly charged batteries and this thing came alive! I can even light matches unaided with it, it runs best when cool though.

Ash

I put in freshly charged batteries and this thing came alive! I can even light matches unaided with it, it runs best when cool though.
Wait. It's supposed to be 50mW and you can light matches unaided (this means w/o a magnifying lens, right?) Are you serious? :thinking:
Video.
Seriously, video or it didn't happen. :tsk:

Last edited:
Wait. It's supposed to be 50mW and you can light matches unaided (this means w/o a magnifying lens, right?) Are you serious? :thinking:
Video.
Seriously, video or it didn't happen. :tsk:

yeah ash.. it seems rayfoss and o-like use a good 50mw modules.. i also have mine from o-like its a 50mw and can burn matches :) i got a video of it...

I won't be home for a couple days but I'll get you that video when I'm back.

The modules in these could use some improvement, the beam quality is very dirty. You will get freaks with a lot of these modules because they are temperature sensitive. Modules like this probably got thrown in the 50mW bin because it was warm in the factory when they tested it...that is if these are tested.

@ styropyro I won't be home for a couple days but I'll get you that video when I'm back.

The modules in these could use some improvement, the beam quality is very dirty. You will get freaks with a lot of these modules because they are temperature sensitive. Modules like this probably got thrown in the 50mW bin because it was warm in the factory when they tested it...that is if these are tested.

i guess you are right, or maybe, the module is not tested.. but i got a 50mw from rayfoss too all i did was put something on the module and its heatsink to support the temperature cooling. try searching in google ck4800 nano diamond compound.

------------------------------------------------------

@ Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixcs
yeah ash.. it seems rayfoss and o-like use a good 50mw modules.. i also have mine from o-like its a 50mw and can burn matches i got a video of it...

Link please?

here is the link to my review. http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/o-like-ultrafire-o-like-module-review-41929.html

Wait, are you saying that you snugly fit an aixiz module with lava into a rayfoss host?
Have you posted pics yet?

Thats right ash... I thought about it and thought about it and got it dunn.

I will post pics as soon as I can so stand by. Josh

Ash

@ Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixcs
yeah ash.. it seems rayfoss and o-like use a good 50mw modules.. i also have mine from o-like its a 50mw and can burn matches i got a video of it...

Link please?

here is the link to my review. http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/o-like-ultrafire-o-like-module-review-41929.html
Thanks. But, I guess that ultrafire 50mW peaks at 100mW, and the other one is a 100mW module. So, really isn't that 80-100mW lighting a match?
i guess if a green was focused really well it would light matches. It's just that I have (personally) never seen a collimated green 50mW light a match. :tired:

Thanks. But, I guess that ultrafire 50mW peaks at 100mW, and the other one is a 100mW module. So, really isn't that 80-100mW lighting a match?
i guess if a green was focused really well it would light matches. It's just that I have (personally) never seen a collimated green 50mW light a match. :tired:

actually it only peaks in about 10 secs at 100mw.. but its real 50mw. what i did is i adjusted the focus of the laser.. at 50mw i can really burn.. im not sure yet maybe its full if IR hehehe

Ash

actually it only peaks in about 10 secs at 100mw.. but its real 50mw. what i did is i adjusted the focus of the laser.. at 50mw i can really burn.. im not sure yet maybe its full if IR hehehe
Okay,... You say it peaks at 100mW. :p For how long is it 100mW?
I can light a match with my focused 91mW bluray in 1.7 seconds. :yh:
I can not light a match with my cheap 50mW green pen pointer, maybe my laser has a poor focus. :thinking:
And, so you are saying that you focused the green one. How did you do that with an additional lens? The o-like details don't say that it is focusable or anything.:wtf:
So, thanks for the great videos of two (2) 100mW pointers lighting matches. But, what I was really interested in is actual 50mW 562nm lasers lighting matches, that's all. :whistle: