Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW aiXiz Green Labby

ben74

I was not injured apart from a small burn mark in my arm from a spark. Would the diode of blown and i will take some pictures tomorrow as its 10.30 at night

Glad your ok...

But the hell did the driver explode? Did a cap go off? but they usually just swell...

Well it looks like my dream deal is going up in smoke...in more ways than one...

What voltage was it running american or european? Are you sure something didn't short it out? If it explodes on me I will claim that they are selling a dangerous product, but the fact that it is oem designed means it doesnt have to go through some testing???

Can you take a picture of the blown driver, there really isn't anything that I can think off that would pop it like, but maybe the more electriclly adept users can chime in...?

(see daguin this is what I was getting pissed about ;D)

brtaman

daguin

ben74 said:
I was not injured apart from a small burn mark in my arm from a spark. Would the diode of blown and i will take some pictures tomorrow as its 10.30 at night

The diode is in the module. You said the driver blew up? Is the thing that makes the light in pieces or is the electronic board in pieces?

Peace,
dave

brtaman said:
(see daguin this is what I was getting pissed about ;D)

brtaman

I wouldn't get too worried yet. We're a long way from figuring out what happened.

ben74

Its not in pieces and there is a black mark in the floor and it was the yellow box near the power plug.

Yea I know, i was mainly joking around... [smiley=wink.gif]

But you have to admit that things seem to be going from bad to worse for my labby hehehe, first diff driver I say ok, now explosive driver lol next thing Ill find out it emits plutonium radiation and causes testicle cancer hehehe

brtaman

ben74

Wow Aixiz got back to me with in 4 minutes there sending out a replacement.  Would the diode still work if i use a different driver?  and does someone know the mA it was running at.

Nice, quality customer service, they did reply very quickly to all my e-mails and question.

Do you have any idea what could have caused your explosion? No shorts, nothing?

brtaman

daguin

OK. It didn't "blow a hole in the floor." It left a heat mark. It was the yellow box by the power connector that went, so it was part of the voltage converter circuit. AixiZ has already promised to replace the unit. You may have a cool extra green module for your trouble.

I think this should go in the "win" thread instead of the "fail" thread.

The module is probably fine. There is no reason to think that the power surge made it through the electronics to the module. I'm not sure what these are being driven at. I'll see what I can find, or maybe somebody else already knows.

And brtaman should protect his testicles from spurious radiation with a wrapping of copper foil followed by a wrapping of aluminum foil.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
OK. It didn't "blow a hole in the floor." It left a heat mark. It was the yellow box by the power connector that went, so it was part of the voltage converter circuit. AixiZ has already promised to replace the unit. You may have a cool extra green module for your trouble.

The module is probably fine. There is no reason to think that the power surge made it through the electronics to the module. I'm not sure what these are being driven at. I'll see what I can find, or maybe somebody else already knows.

And brtaman should protect his testicles from spurious radiation with a wrapping of copper foil followed by a wrapping of aluminum foil.

Peace,
dave

Waay ahead of you my man :)

I am now the proud owner or alminumpants...wrapped some alu tape around my old army pants, I am ready to receive my order...all I need now is a jockstrap with a lead cup and I will be safe. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Yeah the main plus behind these modules is the fact that a company like Aixiz is behind them, so if they are sub-par you can count on their support. I believe mine will arrive this week...well I hope.

brtaman

Hmm, well I'm grabbing one of these babies. Only 48 left according to the auction details! I guess I'll compare its brightness against my other lasers since I have no meter. Even at 50mW flat it's a better deal than even DX's.

brtaman said:
[quote author=daguin link=1213471542/48#55 date=1215385392]OK. It didn't "blow a hole in the floor." It left a heat mark. It was the yellow box by the power connector that went, so it was part of the voltage converter circuit. AixiZ has already promised to replace the unit. You may have a cool extra green module for your trouble.

Peace,
dave

Waay ahead of you my man :)

I am now the proud owner or alminumpants...wrapped some alu tape around my old army pants, I am ready to receive my order...all I need now is a [highlight]jockstrap with a lead cup[/highlight] and I will be safe. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Yeah the main plus behind these modules is the fact that a company like Aixiz is behind them, so if they are sub-par you can count on their support. I believe mine will arrive this week...well I hope.

brtaman
[/quote]
Come on now, you don't want lead poisoning do ya? ;)

daguin

motorider826 said:
..all I need now is a [highlight]jockstrap with a lead cup[/highlight] and I will be safe. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
brtaman

It shouldn't be HIM ingesting the lead ;)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=motorider826 link=1213471542/48#58 date=1215489143]..all I need now is a [highlight]jockstrap with a lead cup[/highlight] and I will be safe. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
brtaman

Peace,
dave
[/quote]
...you really just went there... kudos! well done!

daguin

motorider826 said:
[quote author=daguin link=1213471542/48#59 date=1215489321][quote author=motorider826 link=1213471542/48#58 date=1215489143]..all I need now is a [highlight]jockstrap with a lead cup[/highlight] and I will be safe. [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]
brtaman

Peace,
dave
[/quote]
...you really just went there... kudos! well done![/quote]

I know . . .I have no shame. :-[ (See, I'm being contrite)

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
I know . . .I have no shame. :-[ (See, I'm being contrite)

Peace,
dave

Excuse me while i grab my dictionary...
"contrite: filled with a sense of guilt and the desire for atonement; penitent"
"penitent: feeling or expressing humble or regretful pain or sorrow for sins or offenses"

Wow this is one dirty forum :O

First theres all this talk of dilda lasers, now there is remarks on me wanting to protect my future family, waht has society come to!? ;D

dirty, dirty minds :O

brtaman