Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW aiXiz Green Labby

Not at all.. that supply will work, but you'll still need a 7805 to knock the 12V down to 5V. Easily done, just look up the pinout for a 7805 and hook it up accordingly. You may need a heatsink for the 7805, depending on how many motors would be attched.. The supply I used was from a small desktop PC, not a laptop-style supply like that one. Desktop supplies provide both 12V and 5V outputs.

yuip

Hi guys,

A few days ago I received one of these 50mW lasers from AixiZ along with one of their 15mW lasers. Upon arrival, I was a bit worried when I noticed the 50mW laser was labeled as "G20." I did not have a power cord to spare so I only tested the 15mW laser, which works great at about 25mW with an external IR filter. However, I've just powered up the 50mW laser for the first time and it is a bit dimmer than the 15mW. I checked the output power and this laser only puts out about 20mW with the IR filter.

Does anyone else have a 50mW laser labeled as 20mW? The laser head and power supply I have appear to be the same as the up-to-spec 50mW lasers, except this head is labeled as 20mW.

Thanks!