Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW 589nm Spartan, Mellow Yellow

:beer: Just finished up he last day of the quarter. cramming all weekend for finals then boom! Done :san:
Sold my other lasers last week and I've got two left.

50mW 589nm Spartan by Dragon Laser w/ Eagle pair and Ultra fire battery. Id like $420 (Paypal only)
I spent roughly $530 + $58 a couple months ago(order placed 3/12 received on 3/28). You can see for yourself its a very much at or over spec. :drool: but I lack a LPM for the actual numbers. At the moment so compare it to the others in the pictures.
Duty cycle is at around 45 second on warm nights and about 3 minutes on cool nights/mornings.

Also have a 1W 405nm Light Saber Spiker (Great burner) w? G7/G2 lenses, Beam Expander, AW batteries/charge station from Survival laser, Laser Tripod, fancy pattern caps.
I'm asking $220
I paid about $285 + $58 a couple months ago. Sanwu lasers are amazing and from what I've read here usually over spec. :beer:

I will most definitely be a returning customer to :beer::bowdown::bowdown: Sanwu lasers when I get my second collection but right now grad school is priority.

Most recent:
Reference cost: accessories - Album on Imgur
Another update for a few on L.P.F - Album on Imgur
Stuff - Album on Imgur
Last two lasers for sale - Album on Imgur
Update my first laser collection 5/31 - Album on Imgur
My first laser collection - Album on Imgur
Various - Album on Imgur

I prefer to communicate via private message because for me its more organized and easier but I will do my best to accommodate everyone.

BobMc

Got a couple of nice lasers for sale. Best wishes with your sale and congrats on your other sales.

Also best wishes with your finals also. :)

Why are you selling lasers you just bought? It would have been better if you had them longer and not asking so close to retail for them. But, good luck, anyway.

Best of luck on the sale :)

-Alex
Thanks! Hopefully they'll find a nice home where they can be admired rather than sit around if I leave.
Got a couple of nice lasers for sale. Best wishes with your sale and congrats on your other sales.

Also best wishes with your finals also. :)
Thanks BobMc! I plan to finish strong and take the next leap :tinfoil:

Why are you selling lasers you just bought? It would have been better if you had them longer and not asking so close to retail for them. But, good luck, anyway.

Hey Paul1598419, I thought about it for a a while and I would love to keep have kept them. I've been wanting some for a few years now but I wasn't expecting to have interviews for grad schools till after I submitted a blanket application next spring. I submitted a few for giggles and actually got secondaries and now interviews. It's a pretty scary but really good feeling that makes selling the lasers a little easier to cope with.

I make good money handling blood, :gun: gore, :cryyy: booboos/owies, death, :spank: frequent flyers, bed bugs, scabies, :poke: AIDS, :pop: the occasional pot cookie over dose panic lol. Its just a short amount of time and would make thing much easier to let them go and start again later.
Also, here I feel everyone would admire/respect/value them rather than someone off of craigslist/ebay. They may just sit in my desk, who knows :p

I tried to price them to what I would think is reasonable considering they are just about two months old still practically new, relative to what I originally spent. Then again, this is also my first collection of lasers I've ever posted to sell.
If someone wants to message me with an offer I open to listen.
Thanks

Last edited:
Did you graduate from UCSD? What was your major and what are you planning for a graduate degree? Where are your interviews? I'm not nosy, just curious.

Did you graduate from UCSD? What was your major and what are you planning for a graduate degree? Where are your interviews? I'm not nosy, just curious.

Possibly maybe USD :D(it's under my profile), Chemistry (Chemical engineering/drug development), minor in physics. 6 years. There may be some lingering pictures on those links but I'll keep the rest of my personal life off the forum if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks for the information. Good luck on your interviews. I'd ask how you did on the MCAT, but you wouldn't say.

Eracoy

The 589nm Spartan is a WONDERFUL laser. I lucked in to getting mine at a price that I could afford. These are rare and the price goes up by the month sometimes buying direct. The color is unbeatable, and having bragging rights for showing someone something they will probably never see another one of is fun.

Here it is beside a 405nm with some smoke
hTHZHSpl.jpg

Though it is visible in the daytime due to the awesome yellow-power this wavelength puts out, it really shines at night
fuLNpXWl.jpg

The complex optical process and dwindling suppliers make 589nm a neat spot to fill in your rainbow. If anyone is looking for something that doesn't pop up too often, here's a cool but unfortunately rare/expensive miracle of photonic alchemy.

Beautiful, wish I had one, the longer I am in this hobby the more I want a yellow laser. The price for a 3x3x20 mm long 1319 and 1064 nm AR coated LBO crystal from ESKMA is $840 USD! These pointers probably use a very tiny crystal compared to that one, but darn expensive.

Last edited:
You are going for much more that 50 mW out of the one you are intending to build, Alaskan. That will always be an expensive endeavor. Good luck.

The 589nm Spartan is a WONDERFUL laser. I lucked in to getting mine at a price that I could afford. These are rare and the price goes up by the month sometimes buying direct. The color is unbeatable, and having bragging rights for showing someone something they will probably never see another one of is fun.

Here it is beside a 405nm with some smoke
hTHZHSpl.jpg

Though it is visible in the daytime due to the awesome yellow-power this wavelength puts out, it really shines at night
fuLNpXWl.jpg

The complex optical process and dwindling suppliers make 589nm a neat spot to fill in your rainbow. If anyone is looking for something that doesn't pop up too often, here's a cool but unfortunately rare/expensive miracle of photonic alchemy.

Sorry for the lack of activity on my end. Graduated and have been non stop working around the clock. I totally agree, all of the colors I had from Sanwu were amazing in their own way but the 589 is by far my favorite laser! I WISH there were 1W+ units available in an afforable handheld pointer lol
:lasergun: I would be willing to spend a little extra coin for one of those baby's. Just something about the warm glow it give off..... gorgeous.
I hope Ill be able to find another 589nm in the future that is as good or better than the Spartan I have!
Those are some awesome lasers you've got and I really like the size of the 405nm. Is that also 1W?

Beautiful, wish I had one, the longer I am in this hobby the more I want a yellow laser. The price for a 3x3x20 mm long 1319 and 1064 nm AR coated LBO crystal from ESKMA is $840 USD! These pointers probably use a very tiny crystal compared to that one, but darn expensive.

Yea, the lasers were definitely not cheap :friend: and I wish I had time to build one but unfortunately it will have to be something I try in the future! I think the 589nm is my absolute favorite to look at so I think if you were to get one in the future you would be very happy with it! (may have to take out a mortgage for a high powered one though! :D lol) If you do build one please post some pictures Id really love to see how it comes out!

That 589nm is awesome! Good luck with the sale

I totally agree, it's my favorite of the bunch, and thank you very much!

Radim

Good luck with your sale, Atlas.

For potential buyer of the Spartan: You can see how the beam looks like in my artworks. All yellow beams are my Spartan. An awesome laser. Jewel of my collection. Worth to get.

Here for example:

For artwork click on the image or link is in my current signature as well - Soul in the Surreal world.

Last edited:

CE5

@Radim, thanks for posting and sharing such a nice large pic, of your work.
Now that I have re-viewed it, I must say that it does remind me of
the Vorlon Ambassador, 'Kosh Naranek' from the TV series Babylon 5.

vorlon_ambassador_kosh_babylon_5_by_scifiman-d7nc6cr.jpg

That is another wonderful aspect of Art, it has the ability to evoke many things, in the eyes of different beholders.

Radim

@Radim, thanks for posting and sharing such a nice large pic, of your work.
Now that I have re-viewed it, I must say that it does remind me of
the Vorlon Ambassador, 'Kosh Naranek' from the TV series Babylon 5.

That is another wonderful aspect of Art, it has the ability to evoke many things, in the eyes of different beholders.

Oh, thanks a lot. I was ROFL when I saw what it reminds you. :crackup: I just hope the pic I posted will help to find the Spartan being sold a new home and to be in good hands, for the price (if condition is like new) it is really worth (I would say almost steal). Especially it might still be one of the multiline batch. ;)

These 589 nm are really awesome color. Spartans are known to be even very overspec and of great beam specs. Mine is even quite stable, more than I expected. The DPSS process of these is even really awesome - IR pump, than solid state crystal producing two IR frequencies and non linear crystal converting them into one, pure, beautiful, sunny sodium line. Good to have your pocket star. ;)

@Paul: Thanks. ;)