Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

505nm and 480nm diode RESULTS

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date

I don't. I believe luck of the draw so I do not offer binned diodes. Find it easier to just say I don't have the ability to bin them than to do a whole tango with some of the more determined.:shhh:

Now that's a great answer. Good to know. It's nice to see we have a more permanent source for these things now that don't need to be hush-hush.

So does this mean that one of the blues may end up pushed til death on a spectro? If so, I will gladly chip in $10 for a murder fund to have paul1598419 push one til it dies on a spectro to force it to reveal it's secrets to us :evil:

Sorry, Brad, The diode I had that was mine got delivered to the wrong house and the ones I have now don't belong to me. So, I can't drive one all the way to the end to see how much higher the wavelength will go even if I wanted to.

I was referring to how DTR now has them listed on his storefront. I'm guessing that means more became available or are about to. And I really hope you manage to recover your diode. Sounds like you need to put signature confirmation on anything of value shipped to you.. although that would only help if the person signing noticed it wasn't addressed to them and was honest.

On the ten I sent, Paul has my permission to push the second highest wavelength 480nm diode not to the death, but to the point it isn't worth pushing anymore.

Last edited:

jnrpop

Really like these new diodes, ~473nm color is great!, also the 505's have a nice lime tinge :beer:
attachment.php

attachment.php

If anyone is after one of these new 473-480nm diodes or the 505nm diodes, i have 3 of each available
If your interested send me a PM :)

Looking forward to see some of the test results and some finished builds!

#Edit. Jordan's got them up on his sale page now too ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpg
    IMG_3373.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
Pretty sad that whoever got the package either didn't just bring it to you or give it back to the mail carrier as a misdelivery.

D

Deleted member 16589

I also Have 5 of each up for grabs PM me. I will update later with some pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a home health care nurse coming to do some wound care in a couple of hours. Then I will be busy pressing and metering the power and wavelengths of the 13 diodes I received from ZRaffleticket. As soon as I have enough of these done to get a good idea where they all will seem to going, I will post these results. It will probably be about 6 hours from now. :D

jnrpop

Really Appreciate your effort Paul!! hope ya feeling better! Thankyou.

Eracoy

Thanks. It is a work in progress.:can:

One trouble I'm seeing is that the lens option and add to cart button area shows as a white rectangle for me. Firefox and chrome are both experiencing it. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I thought I'd let you know. Plus, it's keeping me from my aqua beauties :D

hi,
Its a shame my 505nm diode was stolen and the person who did it doesn't even know what it is. That was money down the tube..

Rich:)

I have an excellent story about networking. As most of you know, the 505nm diode that I was supposed get get last Saturday was delivered somewhere, but not to me. Yesterday, I saw a postal carrier next to my house and told her about my problems with the post office and how they claimed to have placed it at my front door and it was now my problem.

A few minutes ago that same postal carrier knocked on my door and handed me my package. She said she had found it two blocks over at another house and remembered my name and story and rushed over to give to me. Her name is Jody and I will not be forgetting her name any time soon.

However, the post office and their employees are scum, the way they tried to sweep this under the carpet and make it my problem and, to an extent, my fault.

I have an excellent story about networking. As most of you know, the 505nm diode that I was supposed get get last Saturday was delivered somewhere, but not to me. Yesterday, I saw a postal carrier next to my house and told her about my problems with the post office and how they claimed to have placed it at my front door and it was now my problem.

A few minutes ago that same postal carrier knocked on my door and handed me my package. She said she had found it two blocks over at another house and remembered my name and story and rushed over to give to me. Her name is Jody and I will not be forgetting her name any time soon.

However, the post office and their employees are scum, the way they tried to sweep this under the carpet and make it my problem and, to an extent, my fault.

Dang, I agree with you. The USPS is pretty much a joke nowadays. Lately they bumped up their prices on Priority Mail & added an extra day before it gets to your destination.

-Alex

Dang, I agree with you. The USPS is pretty much a joke nowadays. Lately they bumped up their prices on Priority Mail & added an extra day before it gets to your destination.

-Alex

AND that "2 day" priority mail to them means less that 2 weeks or something crazy like that.
I once had a packag shipped from I believe texas to alabama take close to 40 days when it was shipped 2 day priority mail.

And it is good to see that you got your diode paul.