Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

505nm and 480nm diode RESULTS

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

OK guys got word back from kevin
FIRST OFF HEADS UP the spec sheet they provide has the wrong pinout.
pin 1 is cathode and 3 is anode - on both diodes
Pinout matches this
pinout3.JPG

The results are as follows (at 130mA)

480nm

1 = 476.48
2 = 475.36
3 = 476.6
4 = 473.08
5 = 477.92

505nm
1 = 506.56
2 = 503.56

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotta love early adopters taxes of getting the wrong paperwork...

Welp. I guess that means I should probably send all of mine over to paul for testing instead of just one. These seem more like 475nm diodes than 480... Which still isn't bad, I was just hoping we'd see 480+ wavelengths.

Really hope we see more of these too so that pushing the diodes wont be anything scary... I also hope you got a low WL batch and I got a high WL batch...........

Time will tell. Thanks for the update

Last edited:
My bad I thought there was more of the 480nm diodes and less of the 505nm guess I got them switched around. If you don't mind me asking how much did you get them for? And do you know if the person you bought it from will be getting anymore?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

My bad I thought there was more of the 480nm diodes and less of the 505nm guess I got them switched around. If you don't mind me asking how much did you get them for? And do you know if the person you bought it from will be getting anymore?
Not gonna post openly yet but the hole batch was only a few hundred total.

They are supose to get 10K green soon the blues are unknown at this time

so we finally have affordable 505 & 480 diodes? :)

-alex

aw yea

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to have an accurate pin out diagram as I wouldn't want to get that wrong. It's a shame that at 125 mA these are measuring no where near what we were all hoping for. I will very carefully increase the current on the 505nm that is on its way to me now. These are single mode diodes? Do you know, yet? I will have my scope out and my spectrometer when I am testing this diode. I don't think I will kill it, but I can't just leave it at 125 mA. :thanks:

Last edited:
Did you happen to get a power measurement on any of these diodes? I was just wondering if they are outputting what they are claiming to be at 125 mA.

D

Deleted member 16589

Did you happen to get a power measurement on any of these diodes? I was just wondering if they are outputting what they are claiming to be at 125 mA.

Quote from Kevin on the 480nm diode
hard to collect all the divergent light with my little photodiode power sensor, but pretty close to 50mW @ 130mA

Anyone willing to sell me a blue? :D

Ask maybe Zraffle Mine are all spoken for.

So, they did push one to 130 mA. They didn't have any lenses? I'd be happier knowing what the collimated power is.

Oh, I see you changed it in the OP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

So, they did push one to 130 mA. They didn't have any lenses? I'd be happier knowing what the collimated power is.

No it was just a quick set up and it turns out they were all tested at 130ma. not sure why he picked that but I'm sure it won't hurt anything.

I wonder if you could get any of the diodes to get close to 495nm... I personally would value 495nm over 589nm

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for testing. The 505's are good, but it's a shame that the 480's don't reach their WL. If a simple thing such as the pin our was wrong, could possibly the current be wrong too. :thinking: Anyway not a complete disappointment. Because we now have diodes that start at 473 as a minimum. A bit of overdriving will raise the wavelength up along with the power.