Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

505nm and 480nm diode RESULTS

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
Another possibility is the driver may have shut down from over heating, but my money is still on the battery.

Yeah after leaving it go 2 hours and nothing, then 8 hours and something... I think it would be the battery too, especially since the driver as I said was not getting warm.

I think I'm going to hold back taking a full review's worth of pics, just so I can be absolutely sure it's the battery... but I do have enough to share at least something. Just got off work, so I can get going with some picture enhancement. Stay tuned.

That was my plan. I never really cared to get a lot of power out of it, just WL.

Unless you don't think the WL will shoot up much if I feed it a decent bit more. Do you have figures for wavelength vs mA on one of these?

Since all diodes with a wavelengh < 530nm re GaN diodes their Wl tuning is the the following:

Temperature: 1nm/20°C
Current: 1nm/200 mA

Of corse you have to keep the temperature stable with an active temp. control very close to the diode or the increased current will generatte extra heat and an additional shift in WL (this will decrease the lifetime a lot). Here is an example for one selected 450 diode from Osram scanned from 20-60°C

giphy.gif
[/URL]

Singlemode

DTR

Yeah after leaving it go 2 hours and nothing, then 8 hours and something... I think it would be the battery too, especially since the driver as I said was not getting warm.

I think I'm going to hold back taking a full review's worth of pics, just so I can be absolutely sure it's the battery... but I do have enough to share at least something. Just got off work, so I can get going with some picture enhancement. Stay tuned.

Yea I was going to say no need to sink the Nano in this setup at 275mA. It should run continuously as is. If not required it just adds another step where a failure could occur and if thermally bonding it you might not be able to take it out or change its settings.

I just find there Spec readings interesting because they have the SB1473N91 Diodes, and have readings closer to 505nm :thinking:

@Paul: Really??, Such a small WL shift from a threshold current of 70mA to 300mA, is that normal for a green diode? I'd expect a shift of atleast +5nm with almost 3x the Rated current

Theses diodes are bade of GaN. Their shift is approx 1nm/200mA. Diodes in the 700nm range (780nm were used in CD burners ) are made of GaS and have a much more higher current und temperature redshift in the IR.

Single Mode

Since all diodes with a wavelengh < 530nm re GaN diodes their Wl tuning is the the following:

Temperature: 1nm/20°C
Current: 1nm/200 mA

Of corse you have to keep the temperature stable with an active temp. control very close to the diode or the increased current will generatte extra heat and an additional shift in WL (this will decrease the lifetime a lot). Here is an example for one selected 450 diode from Osram scanned from 20-60°C

giphy.gif
[/URL]

Singlemode

Makes sense. It is pretty much what I've been seeing with these diodes.

Last edited:
I took this pic next to my custom 589 and I thought it came out very close to the actual colour in person, The 589 though not so much!

Attachments

• A1TJiDQ.jpg
    A1TJiDQ.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 83

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That blue is looking good, Billy, and your 589 is looking a lot like 593.5 or higher.
I wonder how much that blue beam is affecting the way the camera is seeing your 589nm?

That blue is looking good, Billy, and your 589 is looking a lot like 593.5 or higher.
I wonder how much that blue beam is affecting the way the camera is seeing your 589nm?

Thanks buddy

Here's another pic with a 1w 445 and the 473 huge difference yes!

I still haven't hooked up the 477 I have, I'm sure it's going to be stunning just like the first one I lost, This Led Lenser has stopped twice now and is still fine very similar to what had Happened to Zach,s. but he has the Nano at 275 I have the xboost at 250, Either the driver cut out from over heat or regulation drop out still not sure if the xboost can supply 7v but I'm using an IMR 25500, I'll see how I go with a nano on the 477.

Attachments

• ep3yD6q.jpg
    ep3yD6q.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I actually think mine was a false alarm with a faulty battery. I'll find out this evening. Coworker said my battery was very dead

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Well, if any component had to fail, a bad battery is the best option that you could've hoped for; I'm sure it gave you a good scare though. :eek:

I need to try to finish up the five diodes Dr.Laser had dropped shipped to me from Techhood. They seem top be a better alternative to the SB147EC91s. The two I've measured have been around the 502nm wavelength. I have three left to go.

I need to try to finish up the five diodes Dr.Laser had dropped shipped to me from Techhood. They seem top be a better alternative to the SB147EC91s. The two I've measured have been around the 502nm wavelength. I have three left to go.

I just tested a second SB157EC9 505nm diode and it gave a reading of 503nm at 110mA. About the same WL shift/mA just 0.5nm longer wavelength than the first one. So far it seems like these SB157EC91's are giving a very consistent 503nm +/- 1nm.

Last edited: