Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

503nm build with many pics.

Holy crap. I haven't been here in literally years, and I'm surprised my drivers are still playing a part in the community :D Glad to see it, and the color is beautiful!

Pman

Blitzlinear is yours? I've used it many many times.
We need boost drivers bad....hint hint....

I'm thinking about taking some color comparison pics against a 473 Ple I have. Would like to see how that wavelength looks against the white wall and the black insulation piece especially considering how blue that last shot I took looks. I'm pretty sure that 473 is under 100mW so it wouldn't be like my high powered ones. Of course I might need to throw in 589 just because I can. No one needs a reason for the golden yellow/orange range.

Last edited:
Pman, take a look at astralist's thread on boost drivers. He offers the new Pico Boost driver for $14.90 each. You will never find a boost driver that is continuous positive. That is why the Blitz Linear works in this case. Astralist also offers discounts on quantity buys starting at ten or more. :yh:

Yeah, so is the BlitzBuck - my last name is Blitz :p. I haven't made drivers in years so I'm surprised any of my wholesalers still have stock! Unfortunately, I'm out of the driver game now, but I imagine there are plenty of creative people who could use the cash you can make from drivers!

Pman

There are lots of drivers out there but I don't know why the driver builders haven't any interest in boosts. Limits host choices. Sad:(

503nm makes it's own smoke
FqUUwf.jpg

xoSB32.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Nice photos, Peter. Are you saying you got the 503nm build to burn? That is not something I've tried. I would expect the current would be very high to get that kind of power, and my choice of lenses limits this as well.

Judging by the pictures your 503nm looks quite low. Maybe that's why it is so inefficient. I've noticed most diodes that are off in WL tend to be inefficient.

Awesome Pete!! Love it! And I love scratch :D
I’m waiting patiently until you sell some more of your babies :whistle:

There are lots of drivers out there but I don't know why the driver builders haven't any interest in boosts. Limits host choices. Sad:(

503nm makes it's own smoke
FqUUwf.jpg

xoSB32.jpg

Unfortunately I don’t know anything about drivers, so you’re saying that not having boost drivers makes it hard to have a single cell host? Where as most people make 2 cells hosts because boost driver usually require 1 cell voltage?
Sorry for a nood question Pete :/

Hi, Richie. The Vf on these diodes is quite high, so you need a driver that can deliver enough current at a fairly high forward voltage. For diodes with a neutral case pin, a boost driver is fine to use and only requires one Li-ion battery. But, for this diode, the case pin is positive and there are no boost drivers that are continuous positive, so you need to use a linear driver, unless you are willing to isolate the diode from the host. Therefore, you need to use two Li-ion batteries. ;)

Hi, Richie. The Vf on these diodes is quite high, so you need a driver that can deliver enough current at a fairly high forward voltage. For diodes with a neutral case pin, a boost driver is fine to use and only requires one Li-ion battery. But, for this diode, the case pin is positive and there are no boost drivers that are continuous positive, so you need to use a linear driver, unless you are willing to isolate the diode from the host. Therefore, you need to use two Li-ion batteries. ;)
Thanks for clarifying for me,it’s starting to make sense now :) I get so confused on drivers for some reason. I really do wish I knew more about this subject, I tried to scour the forum for laser driver info but kept getting confused, it might have something to do with the fact that I’ve never really worked with them.

Last edited:
If you need advice, feel free to contact me by PM. Many members here do. :yh: