Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

501b Help please

I know this is a newb question but which end of the battery goes in the host first and which connects to thr tailcap? I cant use the forum search on my phone and I've fried a diode before by putting the battery in backward on accident. Its assembled but I wont risk frying a 90 dollar module and wait another week .. someone pls inform me. Thanks!

Ps.. obviously no inicator sticker was on it...

This would depend on the module that you are using. Do you have any details with regards to the module? Like, what color, or even better, what driver or where you bought it?

Flashlights generally have the + towards the head and the - towards the tail, but lasers are often "backwards." You are smart in avoiding putting a battery in until you can confirm which way it goes. I reckon one expensive lesson is enough >.< There are a few drivers that fry if you put the battery in backwards.

Its dtr 405nm module and driver I wanna say microboost set at 450ma but id have to check his website.

12X S06J Bluray
*Diode In Copper Module W/Microboost*& Three Element Glass Lens

Can anyone help with these added details please?

ru124t

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have the 3.8mm 300mW 650nm Single Mode Diode from DTR and he put a driver on it for me to be plug and burn. Which way should the batteries go in an ultrafire 903 kit once I put it together. I got the kit from mrcrouse and the leads were attached. ANy help would be appreciated.

Wish I could help man. U didn't threadjack me though its all good in got the info I needed hope you do too.

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I have the 3.8mm 300mW 650nm Single Mode Diode from DTR and he put a driver on it for me to be plug and burn. Which way should the batteries go in an ultrafire 903 kit once I put it together. I got the kit from mrcrouse and the leads were attached. ANy help would be appreciated.

Lasers can be host positive or negative. I have built 4 lasers and 2 are host negative and 2 are host positive. You have to know what your doing when you build it. My latest is a 405nm in an UltraFire 903 that I got from mrcrouse, sorry I didn't post the build thread yet, I took so many pictures that I have been too lazy to get around to posting it but it is host positive meaning that the battery goes in negative first, positive to the tail cap, only because that's the way I made it. Yours has to be host negative because that LD is case negative. Please be sure of your wiring. And good luck.

Alan

Seems alot of folks have the same questions. No threadjacking. My question was ansered happy to see others benefit frkm my thread

If the diode is case neutral, the battery orientation depends on how you wire the module to the host. We can't help you unless we know how you wired your build. If the red wire of the module went to the contact board, then you have a case negative build. This is more common.

If you have the negative wire of the module going to the contact board, you have a case positive build.

Hope this helps :)
-Matt

Tmack

Most lasers we build are positive towards the diode.
Unless you purposefully building it to be case positive, it's most likely going to be positive in first. But please never just assume that's the case. You guys are definitely smart to consult the forum before " I figured I'd just try it for a second, now it's dead" ;)

Your dpss modules are the ones that are going to be negative towards the diode. Of course there's exceptions on both sides, but I'm speaking of the majority.

IsaacT

I have accidentally put my batteries in backwards a number of times. So far no casualtues, but everytime when I click and nothing happens I freak out a little bit inside, thinking my laser is lost.

Tmack

I successfully killed a m140 in a c11 by reversing the batteries in the dark. Since then it's never happened again. Got her going again, but it was an expensive slip up.

ru124t

I am thinking because this is Mrcrouse Ultrafire 903 plug and burn kit, and because I got the diode and driver setup complete from DTR , that it must go in positive towards the diode. Would this be your thinking as well ? 650nm with flexdrive